Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Baines is [Poor language removed] because he called out Roberto
Williams is [Poor language removed] because RK signed him
It's easy if you understand the logic

David is hardly alone in feeling Baines has declined rapidly, even if I personally think he will have plenty to show this season.

he was also very happy we were signing Williams if I remember correctly, contrary to your statement and again would hardly be alone in thinking he wasnt all that last season. i thought he was very average.

this stuff gets very boring to read guys. at least lets get some accuracy when aiming at @davek

David is hardly alone in feeling Baines has declined rapidly, even if I personally think he will have plenty to show this season.

he was also very happy we were signing Williams if I remember correctly, contrary to your statement and again would hardly be alone in thinking he wasnt all that last season. i thought he was very average.

this stuff gets very boring to read guys. at least lets get some accuracy when aiming at @davek

Saying certain players may/have declined is one thing, and it may well be true, but we still had the 6th strongest defence in the league last season and we have made 2 strong additions. When you start saying our defence is so bad we are in big trouble when all the evidence points to the contrary, it is hard to take it seriously.

Our defence was a whole lot better when we swapped Williams for Stones
I know coaching helped but as a defender Williams is better than Stones
Overall game may be different but defensively Williams was an upgrade
Goals conceded and league position showed that n

If we are reverting to Lennon, IMO there will be no closing of the gap on the sides above us.

We need to push on, we need more quality.
How will playing Lennon in fringe games affect our ability to close the gap on the sides above us
If anything it will keep the first 11 fresher for the critical league games
I'm not saying he will be in the first 11 but he will get game time.
Bad press to release or sell him

Purely on defensive capabilities alone ??
Plus Stones wanted out
Which ever way mate I think Williams is poor he's had a few good games other than that average to crap,stones wanting out has no bearing on it,but that's just my opinion mate.

How will playing Lennon in fringe games affect our ability to close the gap on the sides above us
If anything it will keep the first 11 fresher for the critical league games
I'm not saying he will be in the first 11 but he will get game time.
Bad press to release or sell him

Don't think so mate, he is back in training and hopefully a lot straighter and in a better place than he was.

I don't believe we will hang onto him for sentiment.

Any anyway, I would rather see the likes of Lookman getting a run in those games than him, they are more of our future than he is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.