Summer clear out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would name Osman, in fact have said for many seasons he is not good enough and had bad press for saying that.

The players I would like to see go, are:-

Neville,
Hibbert,
Osman,
Anichebe,
Yak.

Finally and this will mean I get jumped on, but Cahill can go. Interms of value considering his age, the time off he gets, I think Moyes feels obliged to play him and this unbalances the team, what he is offering the team these days is not enough.

I have now ducked.

Last edited:
Time too get rid of;

Yobo; has been a great player for the club, but yet I don't think he wants too be at Goodison much longer. Can perhaps get a couple million for him.
Mucha; no point keeping him.
Distin; generally ****e
Yakubu; too old, will perform every now and then, but with our system we need a consistent striker.
Anichebe; need I say more?

Unsure about;
Heitinga; don't know if he wants too be here, good player but.
Arteta; as devastating as it would be, how much has he given in the last season so far.

Time too find some finance for some youngsters, in my opinion.

Distin has been one of our best performers this season he has to stay

I would name Osman, in fact have said for many seasons he is not good enough and had bad press for saying that.

The players I would like to see go, are:-

Neville,
Hibbert,
Osman,
Anichebe,
Yak.

Finally and this will mean I get jumped on, but Cahill can go. Interms of value considering his age, the time off he gets, I think Moyes feels obliged to play him and this unbalances the team, what he is offering the team these days is not enough.

I have now ducked.

I don't see what he offers either mate...not consistent...not a game changer...just makes up the numbers IMO...

I believe we could have better value for money.

I'm surprised Osman hasn't made made many people's list..

I don't see what he offers other then the rare wonder goal. Granted he is a blue boy and more often then not he is played out of position. Besides the way it stands he has got fellaini, arteta and rodwell in front of him.

In my opinion we could get better value for the wages he is on...
His performances are so forgettable that I forgot about him - added him to my extensive list some 15 posts back.

Despite this apparantly being the best squad we have had for ages, they are not delivering. I would go for a total clear out:

Sell:
Yobo
Yakubu
Vaughan
Distin (he is too old)
Neville (to old and crap)
Osman (never been good enough, and especially against good teams)
Bilya (I am one of his biggest fans, but for £9 m. we should expect more)
Anichebe (worst player in the squad, makes Neville look like Ronaldino)
Heitinga (does he really want to be at the club?)
Saha (injuries are proving that we cannot rely on him)
Mucha (never gonna get a game)

Listen to offers for:
Arteta (£10 m. - has not really performed for more than half a season, a bit like Gravesen)
Fellaini (£20 m. - great player, potential to be the new Viera, but if good money is offered then I would let him go)
Howard (£5 m. - never been a fan, think there are better options out there)

Blood:
Duffy
Barkley
Baxter
Bidwell
Wallace
Gueye
Silva

Put in offers for:
Jennings (Tranmere)
Dorrans (West Brom)
Moses (Wigan)
McCarthy (Wigan)
MacArthur (Wigan)
Cleverly (Man Utd)
Hennessey (Wolves)

- all young and hungry eager to prove themselves, which has always been where we have gotten our best players from)

FM I know, but we really need to do something.

This squad may be able to clinch us the 2013 Championship title.

Well, you can pretty much guarantee that:

Yak - 4m
Vaughan - 1m
Yobo - 6m
Mucha - 2m

Are goners.

Next down the ramp will be Heitinga - 10m

After that we'll be fending off bids for:

Fellaini
Rodwell
Baines
Arteta
Jagielka

I'd like to see Neville move on, or step aside. Bolton was my final straw on Neville.

Players like Osman and Hibbo should be kept for the squad. Loyal to the last.

Rough math(s) from above suggests we've got close to £23m coming in (Yak, Yobo, Vaughan, Johnny, Mucha), minus wage bill.

The worry is a couple more transfers may be enforced. If I had to pick one now, shoot me, but Arteta to the highest bidder.

Well yes as I believe it would get relegated whilst I don't think our current team will be.

My point is that Cahill, Jagielka, Arteta, Baines (and Lescott) were all solid performers but not setting the world alight - Dorrans, McCarthy, McArthur and Moses and could shine even brigther at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.