Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
can I just say ….. after reading the reports, that a world where besic turns out for leeds midfield and we get stuck with schneiderlin in ours, is just rotten to the core.
yep besic has been hampered by injuries , but there is a player in there to be coached.
schneiderlin on the other hand cant be coached better and is a complete constipation of resources and the quality of our first 11.

People went from too negative to too positive quickly. I bet we only sign a cb, and non of these other fantasies. We are still Everton, Marcel can only do so much. We never have good windows.
At this point, all we need to do is wrap up 2 deals that are supposedly done, Bernard and Mina. Even IF Mina was to fall through, all we need is to get 1 CB.

Thats it.

At that point its been a great window. The goal wasnt to move in 10 players, it was to get 3-4 players of great quality, and it appears as though that is already the case. Anything beyond 1 CB at this point is just pure gravy.

At this point, all we need to do is wrap up 2 deals that are supposedly done, Bernard and Mina. Even IF Mina was to fall through, all we need is to get 1 CB.

Thats it.

At that point its been a great window. The goal wasnt to move in 10 players, it was to get 3-4 players of great quality, and it appears as though that is already the case. Anything beyond 1 CB at this point is just pure gravy.

If we manage to get Mina and Bernard in its been a good window however we could still do with either a holding midfielder or 2nd CB.

1 CB isnt going to change our defence we either need 2 coming in of good quality or someone who can replace Schnerderlin in midfield and shield the back 4 more effectively + link defence to attack.

If we manage to get Mina and Bernard in its been a good window however we could still do with either a holding midfielder or 2nd CB.

1 CB isnt going to change our defence we either need 2 coming in of good quality or someone who can replace Schnerderlin in midfield and shield the back 4 more effectively + link defence to attack.

I think with one more centre-back we might be OK; but yes, in an ideal world we'd get two (the second possibly a loan deal). Paired with someone with pace & strength I think we'd see the best of Keane; and then we'd also have Holgate, beyond that there is Jags; then Feeney. Assuming Pennington does go out on loan.

Thats it.

i agree with you, Im just skeptical to us actually going for all these players. I think we’re going for a center back, the rest are probably just agents playing the media game.

Im fairly happy with this window if we get a good CB, the rest is bonus imo.

Wouldn’t be surprised with a late bid for RLC even if it’s a loan deal. He’s playing tonight against Lyon In what is effectively a reserve side. Wonder if he’ll be happy being on the bench all season.
If we can get him, Bernard and a CB (not convinced without Mina or Rojo but Lachelles would be my option) then we will have had one of the best windows in our history!

I think when people complain at not getting a player in this position or that position they forget we need upgrades pretty much everywhere so any time we sign a good player it should be seen as a positive. The only positions that absolutely had to have a new player were LB and CB so we have a couple days to cap off a really good window if a CB comes in

Status
Not open for further replies.