Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is that Silva isn't his choice and that he has nothing invested in his regime prospering. Not that he;d sabotage it, just that he may not go all out to supply what Silva wants.
I agree with him not being Brands' choice. That should be obvious to anyone who has read the papers since we sacked Koeman's and had no idea who Brands even was.

Not so sure about Brands not going all out. We've shown we are OK with sacking DOFs if it all goes tits up so it's in his interest to deliver.

I do feel the frustration from Silva though and it will be interesting to see how that relationship develops over time because it doesn't seem like Silva is pleased that we haven't addressed a weakness he identified as a priority on day 1.

The window has still been open for 8 weeks which is how long it has always been, the only thing that is different is it's closing earlier then it usually does tho I take your point that the WC hasn't helped at all

World Cup year
New Manager
New DoF
New scouting system
Manager needed time to properly asses the players he had

None of these excuses will exist next year, well unless we have a new Manager and a New DoF, cant see marcel getting the bullet, but Silva................ anyway, COYB.

Who said we can’t have both? He is a class player and will improve us going forward, so even if we don’t get a centre back we will beat teams 5-4!!!!
In a world of finite resources, no question buying both him and Ricarlison doesn't make sense when we've got such a poor defense and central midfield, but I think they are going to solve that in a day or so. Not.Worried.

Again, this is Marcel Brands we are talking about here.

I know I'm not going to be the only one pissing the bed tonight.

I really hoped that Brands would help us avoid these end of window panic sessions but he seems happy to work to the last minute despite the risks.

World Cup year
New Manager
New DoF
New scouting system
Manager needed time to properly asses the players he had

None of these excuses will exist next year, well unless we have a new Manager and a New DoF, cant see marcel getting the bullet, but Silva................ anyway, COYB.

The point I was trying to make was the Transfer Window is no shorter this year then it has been any other year

Status
Not open for further replies.