Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling Mina will be sacked off today if it doesn't materialise and Brands will pull another rabbit we haven't been linked to strongly out of the hat.

I'm fully backing the manager here. He's not happy and therefore we shouldn't be either.

I don’t like the manager myself, But he was clearly picked to come here last year before Brands was approached.

I am of the opinion that Silva was coming no matter whether Brands was or not, Brands has probably came knowing he had to work with Silva.
This is the reason why I don’t like the DoF model, Richarlison aside, if the other players flop there is still no clarity who has chosen these players and inevitably who should take the fall if we fail.

That's not true though, is it? They reported on it after that lid at the Mail broke it. That's not a scoop, that's lift and cover. Bascombe, Hunter and Joyce have not broken one bit of transfer news this year, in or out. I'm not saying that they are not decent journalists, I'm also not saying that they don't have good contacts at the club but it doesn't appear that they are getting any info ahead of anyone else. At least not this year.

I'm pretty sure Bascombe's article was out within about 10 minutes of the Mail 'exclusive', mate - which means it had been written and subbed before that.

And yes, I do agree on the transfer front that they may not be breaking the news. What I will say is if it doesn't come from them initially, the fact that they subsequently follow it up means they have probably confirmed with their club sauce (probably the press officer) that it isn't bs.

I don’t like the manager myself, But he was clearly picked to come here last year before Brands was approached.

I am of the opinion that Silva was coming no matter whether Brands was or not, Brands has probably came knowing he had to work with Silva.
This is the reason why I don’t like the DoF model, Richarlison aside, if the other players flop there is still no clarity who has chosen and inevitably who should take the fall if we fail.
Exactly. It's a fundamentally flawed system and alien to Everton.

It needed to be done with greater balance between outgoings and incomings in terms of time. Backload all ther incomings and that creates frustration and pressure for the manager needing to gel a team.

It's been rank amateur planning.

Which has been the case for a few years now, ever since we had money. When we had Moyes we were skint and we still had a turnover of players but everything seemed so more planned and strategic. Maybe the so called dithering was for a reason.

I'm pretty sure Bascombe's article was out within about 10 minutes of the Mail 'exclusive', mate - which means it had been written and subbed before that.

And yes, I do agree on the transfer front that they may not be breaking the news. What I will say is if it doesn't come from them initially, the fact that they subsequently follow it up means they have probably confirmed with their club sauce (probably the press officer) that it isn't bs.
I agree that they are a good means to confirm that speculation or slightly dubious looking content is legit, I just find the whole hoopla about them being some sort of cabal of Everton insiders a bit weird. As I said before, decent journalists with good contacts at the club but they are not oracles. For the record, I'm pleased that the club has stopped the leaks culture since Moshiri has taken over and that any stories of uncompleted deals etc.. seem to come from the selling club or the players agents. I think in the long run that helps us as we have been scooped on transfers and looked like utter blerts on stadium deals etc.. loads of times because of loose lips in the past.

It's not fundamentally flawed.

It's Everton who are fundamentally flawed in executing it (so far).

We’ve never tried this system but for some reason since we came into money we throw everything out the window and suddenly change it all. For the first time in 30 years we have decent money and we have wasted most of it in recent seasons, we may finally get the system working within 18 months but unfortunately for us we will have no money to spend then (once the stadium starts we will deffo cutback). It will be the same story as 10 years ago when we had the chance to push on and challenge, we will have ballsed it up.

It needed to be done with greater balance between outgoings and incomings in terms of time. Backload all ther incomings and that creates frustration and pressure for the manager needing to gel a team.

It's been rank amateur planning.

Im gonna type this very slowly, so you understand.

WE
DO NOT
CONTROL
IN WHAT
ORDER
WE BUY
AND SELL
PLAYERS
THIS IS
DETERMINED
BY THE
BUYING