Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have more important priorities than hanging onto him and gaining status from employing the England No.1.

I'm not against keeping him, tbh. He's good enough for us right now, for sure. However, if we need cash in he's the obvious one to go.

Agreed. I doubt his stock will be much higher than it is now, especially with some really big teams needing a keeper.

I’d also take Michy Batshuayi on loan. I think he could be more effective than Cenk with more power and pace on the counter

We would Batman trade Chelsea bench for ours?

He knows we bought a striker in Jan, he knows he wouldnt be first choice every week.

I don’t think he would be sitting on our bench though. We also brought a load of players last summer and quite a few of them look like they could be moved on. Cenk does have a bit about him though.

I think he’d play pretty often.

I would defo trade him for Niasse, but Silva has said hes staying.

Is he better than Tosun? Possibly, but you would think he would be given most starts initially, of course Batman is probably talented enough to push him and im all for competition, im just thinking from his POV, he might fancy a move elsewhere were he will be a starter every week.

Not sure we should bother with Mina, given the lack of enthusiasm from his end. That said, Lukakus dad did that every season.
In the context canyou blame him? 95% of players dream of playing for barca or madrid, particularly south american players.
All he's said is he'd prefer to play for barca, but if they dont want him then hell go, not really that bad if you ask me

I would defo trade him for Niasse, but Silva has said hes staying.

Is he better than Tosun? Possibly, but you would think he would be given most starts initially, of course Batman is probably talented enough to push him and im all for competition, im just thinking from his POV, he might fancy a move elsewhere were he will be a starter every week.
Watch your tongue

So finally made it to the current page of this thread. Took me nearly 2 hours to read everything from no. 70 haha.
Anyways, if Richarlison is costing 35-50 then just pay him and get him in. Season starts in 3 weeks and any incomings need time to settle in to the squad, cant be fretting over the price. Only worry is that hopefully that isnt our entire budget. If we are punting that money on him right now, then something tells me that to make any additional signings we will have to revert back to the sell to buy policy that we have tried all summer.

Batshuayi, Meyer, Mina, and KT. Yes I said it, i know some people dont like KT, but I watched Celtic play somewhat last season and he is one of the best young left backs available in the market. Not to mention hes the reason that lad from RS doesnt get into the starting 11 for Scotland, so there must be something about him right? As for the other 3, I feel they are very attainable targets whether on a permanent transfer or a loan deal. Meyer is free, Mina and Bat could come in on a loan to buy deal which gives us some financial room without being forced to sell players to afford them. Plus all of them address our positions in need and under if SIlva is as good a coach that we were told about when we got him, then I believe he could get the best out of him.

Screen-Shot-2018-07-21-at-13.03.42.png

Gian Marco Ferrari linked.

Really hope we go for a centre mid.

Need a play maker desperately.

Max Meyer wants £8m a year! But if you think about the fact he would cost £25m and £5m a year in wages normally he might be worth it. Albeit he is supposedly a difficult character.

Status
Not open for further replies.