Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Pickford, but I'd have NO PROBLEMS selling him if it was crazy money. He's a very good keeper. There are quite a few of those out there.

Thats a very dangerous game tho.

Sure there are many decent Keepers out there, but there are equally as many very bad 1s, but, every player does indeed have a price and if Pickford kicks on beyond what he is now, he certainly wont be staying here fighting for 7th, so either he will change or we need to change.

I really like Pickford, but I'd have NO PROBLEMS selling him if it was crazy money. He's a very good keeper. There are quite a few of those out there.
But we paid a sizeable chunk of cash that some people questioned to get him from a relegated club.
We may struggle to get as good a replacement, no matter how much we'd be prepared to invest.

But we paid a sizeable chunk of cash that some people questioned to get him from a relegated club.
We may struggle to get as good a replacement, no matter how much we'd be prepared to invest.
We might, but we also might not. I wouldn't sell him mind you unless it was massive, though.

What sort of odds can i get on this thread making 2000 pages before we sign someone?

This thread has been open roughly 26 weeks, so thats roughly 52 pages per week.

Considering there are only 3 weeks of the window left, that means we would need to churn through 212 pages per week for the next 3 weeks.

The last week I can see us doing close to 200 pages a week like, but still.

So to answer your question, I will give you odds of 150/1, Min bet £50, T&Cs apply.

If we had Mbappe, would you feel the same?

Because for me its the same thing, star young keeper...need to add more around him and build.

If we had Mbappe, would you feel the same?

Because for me its the same thing, star young keeper...need to add more around him and build.

If my club had other needs, of course, but Mbappe in addition to being an elite player, has a massive commercial return, especially after this world cup. So it still has to meet the valuation, which would be the most expensive player on the planet in his case. He's a heck of a lot harder to replace than Jordan Pickford.

If Everton are well run, they can use Pickford to help market the club better and increase commercial revenue.

....Monday 16th July and here’s this morning’s Toffee Transfer rumour round-up;

- According to The Liverpool Echo, Everton will make signings in this transfer window. They quote Manager, Marco Silva: ‘We have our targets and have already decided the positions we want to improve in our squad’.

- The Daily Mirror report the agent of Lucas Digne saying his client is not thinking of leaving Barcelona. The 24 year old Left Back is said to be on Everton’s radar.

- Libero in Peru say Fulham are launching a bid for Benfica winger, Andre Carrillo. Fulham are willing to double the 27 year old’s salary to £65k per week amid interest from Everton.

- Argentine broadcaster AyC Sport claim Everton have enquired about Boca Juniors defensive midfielder, Wilmar Barrios. The 24 year old Columbian international has an €18m release clause but his club President says he will only agree a deal if the player remains until December.

- 4th Official suggest Everton are one of 6 candidates eyeing SSC Lazio’s 23 year old Belgian Left Back, Jordan Lukaku.

- Catalan outlet, Sport, report Leicester and West Ham have joined Everton in pursuit of Barcelona’s 23 year old Centre Back, Yerry Mina.

- Villareal’s local newspaper, Periodico Mediterraneo, say striker Denis Cheryshev is on Everton’s agenda. The 27 year old Russian international is available for €20m.

- The Daily Star suggest Everton are considering a move for Genoa’s left sided attacker, Diego Laxalt. The Uruguayan World Cup star could be available for £18m.

- Mundo Deportivo link Everton with Espanyol’s 28 year old defender, David Lopez.

Last edited:
DCL is 21, Cost 1.5 million from Sheffield United, People going on like we signed Gabriel Jesus for 50m and hasn't performed at all, Lad can hold his own against top defenders in the PL solo and has pace to burn, I wouldn't say he's a bad finisher just very unlucky at times and inexperienced.

If you don’t think he is a bad finisher then you are very very wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.