Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it starts with being able to pull off something like signing De Vrij on a free. Doing that not only locks up a top tier talent but at a much lower cost than it would be to purchase a player. That frees us up to invest a lot of money into a LB, and midfielder, with some left over to fill the squad or pick up another striker.

Wilshire will be great for us in my opinion.
Can keep the ball, good dribbling skills, know how to peak a pass.
I think With a new good manager who believes in him, he can be a “Boss” for us.

@Eggs

Wiltshire on a free would be a great deal, remember bringing in two players who where regarded as finished due to being injury crocks, Reid and Gray, without them that team of the 80's wouldn't have won a thing ultimately as they where the gambles that pushed the team over the edge.

Wiltshire does something no other central player at the club does, he looks for the ball always, and can carry it forward and distribute it well

If you could add Wiltshire for no transfer fee then it makes a massive amount of sense to do so.

Go spend any money we have on transfer fees elsewhere - Manolas from Roma for 30-35m for example would massively improve us as would any of a dozen other attainable cb's around Europe.

Some VERY good players going to be moving on frees this summer - or ones with the contract entering the last year so clubs may look to offload them at a reduced fee, Arguably a good time to be able to offer a lot more money than most can do on wages, fees...

That is a concern yes. In fact quite a big concern. But the lad is a quality passer. Statistically one of the top in the PL. If fit it's a no brainer, but huge if...
I agree, he is a cracking player and a good ball carrier which is exactly what we need, but we have a history of injuring players (especially ones who are already crocks) and I think sometimes we dont do ourselves any favours

Status
Not open for further replies.