Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies and Gueye in the second group, Calvert-Lewin in the top one
Oooh he's really put the cat amongst the pigeons there!

Wouldn't you send DCL out on loan for a year? I'd ideally see us do that. Same with Davies.

Gueye tbh I agree, not a massive fan. Has a good reputation but doesn't do that much.

We want to sign Evra, but he prefers West Ham.

WTF type of signing would that be? We’re starting to resemble a retirement home for over-the-Hill players.
Joyce said over 4 hours ago he was joining west ham on a free,if we wanted him or not who knows,maybe our name as ever was through into the hat to make west ham signing him look better ?

Sorry, but isn't Evra disqualified from playing until after the season? Even if he's not, it's funny that the club seem to acknowledge the need for a left back, but we couldn't think of anything better than trying for a 36 year old on a free despite having all of January to do something better. We're a mess and a half.

We will spend a massive amount on someone that nobody has ever seen or heard of, with a name that nobody can spell or pronounce correctly.
We will then play him out of position for three or four games and decide he is worse than useless.
He will be sent out on loan in the January window, where he will excel, playing in his natural position.
He will then be sold at a substantial cut price in the following summer.
Rinse and repeat.

We will spend a massive amount on someone that nobody has ever seen or heard of, with a name that nobody can spell or pronounce correctly.
We will then play him out of position for three or four games and decide he is worse than useless.
He will be sent out on loan in the January window, where he will excel, playing in his natural position.
He will then be sold at a substantial cut price in the following summer.
Rinse and repeat.

This.

And on extortionate wages.

Make no mistake those at the club are damaging us beyond what’s going on on the pitch.

Sorry, but isn't Evra disqualified from playing until after the season? Even if he's not, it's funny that the club seem to acknowledge the need for a left back, but we couldn't think of anything better than trying for a 36 year old on a free despite having all of January to do something better. We're a mess and a half.
Only from UEFA competitions apparently.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41948317

To me the most strikingly obvious thing is that we have at least a couple of real troublemakers in the locker room. The players stopped playing for Martinez, Koeman, could never be arsed under Unsworth and Alladyce's tenure is quickly showing similar signs. We have a bunch of mentally weak players. We need to ship out the rotten eggs and get a couple of true leaders in (someone like a Keane (Roy not the one we have) or Terry).

We have no leaders on the pitch and haven't for a while. I think Rooney is trying to do this role, but its better done by a player who is playing every game. I mean a true captain who plays 90 minutes every game. Preferably someone at the back or a defensive midfielder. I want to see someone having a go at people when we are playing gash, its as if this bunch don't care.

Perhaps Coleman could do this role, but he seems to quiet to me.

I think players who were natural “leaders” on the pitch are a dying breed these days.

Keane, Terry, Viera and players of that ilk are almost extinct.

IMO this is because the modern footballer is cosseted from a very early age.

Everything is done for him....every whim catered for.

The sense of entitlement is overwhelming.

Their coaches are obsessed with individual stats on every player so they do the same.

These guys are only interested in maintaining their own stats and very few of them are willing....or even capable....of standing up and setting an example on the field when the chips are down.

As @degsy put it last night.....they are playing for the name on the back of the shirt, not the name on the front of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.