Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutted that there’s bin no movement.

Come on Everton!!!

“Gutted”?

I’ll be gutted if we’re not ready come the start of the season or we haven’t shifted/bought the players we want when the window closes.

Am I bothered we haven’t done much whilst all players are on holiday / at the World Cup? Not particularly. I don’t see why anyone would be “gutted” about this.

Kaveh Solhekol doesn't seem all that reliable after a quick Google search.

haven't west ham been "close" to pastore and 1 more class player this window, and haven't signed them

im sure them 2 idiots in charge just make stuff up so the fans think theyre doing something. bad weapons them 2

Thought you'd be disappointed mate. You never know. We may have somebody better lined up.;)

Remember Angela Ogbonna? That worked out well for them. Let them have Diop. He'll flop there.

looks like we are missing out on a good CB prospect in DIOP.

the right kind of money at 22m , the right age 21 ... just what we need.

hopefully our overlord knows something about him we don't and has a much better CB lined up... please don't say smalling or jones.

again, how can we miss out on somebody if we were never in for them in the first place?

Classic wet spam. Diop won't happen.

The question BT is whether we should have been in for them. Players like Kluivert and Diop are of the right quality and price. I certainly would have been happy had we brought in either.

We can't judge yet as we could possibly be in for even better players. But after the last few years disappointments in the transfer windows you can't blame fans for getting a bit tetchy.

You can call for patience, as is your norm, but even you IIRC where left unimpressed after the last 2 summer windows.

I don't know anything about Diop mate, but I just don't think he's the profile of what we need. We have Holgate and Keane who aren't going anywhere I don't think. We need a quality CB in their prime to come in and help organise us.

Kluivert is a real talent but we've got our own real talent in that position in Lookman. We aren't in a position to buy in positions we are well stocked in - we simply have to shift some players first.

So it's less calling for patience, and just more calling for people not to get wound up that these young talents may be going elsewhere.

Both the manager and DoF have made it clear we are aiming for a handful of quality signings, but we have to get a large chunk of the squad off the books.

He'll be wanking furiously, upset one of his starlets is going elsewhere..

Diop is a very good player. Would instantly be our best centre back alongside Holgate.

Id hope that if we didnt go for/get him we would be after the boy from Leipzig Upamecano...both have their positives and negatives and could actually both be top signings in their own right...

Diop has the leadership + half the price.

BBC: Paris St-Germain need to sell 60m euros worth of players to meet FFP rules
the article on the bbc is slightly misleading

it just says they need to sell 60 mil euro's worth of players to balance the books for this year

if they were to sell then i think the most likely players to leave are the one's they sent out on loan last year like guedes, jese and krychowiak

guedes alone would easily get them around 30-40 mil euro's if not more

Status
Not open for further replies.