Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine we had got Brands and Silva in last summer

Amazing how quickly last season unravelled at the start with no Lukaku replacement and then suddenly ypu take him away and there were loads of weak spots that meeded addressing.

Brands has been a breath of fresh air. Silva is everything i thought he would be from player reports ( great man manager, good motivator ) but his hard work starts tomorrow. I sincerely hope he gets it right but if he doesn't i have more confidence that Brands would find a replacement who would appraoch the style in the same way so we have that continuity and not a scattergun approach of going from the likes of Martinez, to Koeman, to Gravy jugs

I would say the whole TDD was staged, I reckon Jim told Farhard after the winter window TDD that came and went without a single decent thing happening to give it some pop at the end this time (Bernard could have been announced way earlier). SKY should be paying us more for giving their program something to talk about!! Yet they get RS related pundits to talk down anything we do.

This Zouma transfer is like leaving a Xmas present until Boxing day. We complain (a lot) about Everton but sometimes they do nice things to brighten our days.

How is it that guff?

The fans in the ground are the only ones the players will hear either getting on their back prematurely, or spurring them on to keep going when the game isn't going to plan.

Fortunately for tomorrow we'll have great away support in numbers, as usual.

Don't construe my comment as only fans that go the match are entitled to an opinion.

That's not what I meant.
fair enough, but that's how I read it. Glad you cleared it up for me ;)

He'll be the first choice over in Germany so it seems, however I'd have liked us to keep him to have strength in depth, for rotation and to generally develop him.

While our first XI has unequivocally improved and as such our bench has also to an extent improved, letting too many people leave may leave us somewhat short.

If we needed a goal or we were tiring, then bringing Lookman on would be a good choice. Bolaise? Not really. I'm less than content with the bench full of youth

He seems to think that he`s better than the bench here, which he isn`t at the mo.

It`ll be interesting to see how he applies himself, if he doesn`t end up at Lepzig.

So, the players we are left with who could still potentially go out on loan or be sold are -
Lookman, Bolasie, Sandro, Pennington, Galloway and Browning.

Then there is always the chance with Gomes coming in that one or both of McCarthy or Schneiderlin could be surplus to requirements.

So, the players we are left with who could still potentially go out on loan or be sold are -
Lookman, Bolasie, Sandro, Pennington, Galloway and Browning.

Then there is always the chance with Gomes coming in that one or both of McCarthy or Schneiderlin could be surplus to requirements.

With some of the signings we have made i think you could add Calvert Lewin, Dowell & even Davies & Kenny to that list

We can still loan players to Championship teams right?

If so cant we just insert compulsory buy clauses for January?

On who? Kante?

Neither of them will replace Kante, first choice midfield 3 will be Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante, probably with Fabregas rotating with Kovacic

Lack of option to buy for Kovacic makes it much less good a deal but that's a hell of a midfield three there.

Apart from a handful of defenders in world football most have a weakness of some sort. It’s hilarious the logic some people have commenting on Everton like ‘Mina isn’t the best positionally’ or ‘Zouma can sometimes switch off’ as though both aren’t miles better than Jags and Keane are. We’ve massively upgraded that area of the team. That should be the headline. Of course they’ll make mistakes, Van Dijk is the world’s most expensive defender and has made a bucketload of them (just no one mentions them), but they’ll make less mistakes than Jags and Keane will make and they will make more of a positive impact with the ball than either of them.

Also huge huge thing is stylistically. Matters more for CBs than anyone else. I don't think Keane is crap - he's just being asked to play literally the opposite style of play to the one he's learned for years and is very good at (Dyche's sit-in-the-box-and-clear-everything style). That's a v big ask, he just doesn't suit what's being asked of him. Mina and, I think, Zouma will be muuuch more comfortable playing a high line, stepping in etc. Holgate too which is why Silva seems more keen on him I think.

Also huge huge thing is stylistically. Matters more for CBs than anyone else. I don't think Keane is crap - he's just being asked to play literally the opposite style of play to the one he's learned for years and is very good at (Dyche's sit-in-the-box-and-clear-everything style). That's a v big ask, he just doesn't suit what's being asked of him. Mina and, I think, Zouma will be muuuch more comfortable playing a high line, stepping in etc. Holgate too which is why Silva seems more keen on him I think.
yeah, but apparently it's just easier to say they are cr@p

We signed three numbers 10s last year and had the slowest attack in the league. We didnt replace Lukaku it was always going to be a nightmare.

Still haven’t replaced him. The strikers of the top 6 is the main difference between us and them now. Getting a top class striker in is the next main challenge for Brands.

Neither of them will replace Kante, first choice midfield 3 will be Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante, probably with Fabregas rotating with Kovacic

Lack of option to buy for Kovacic makes it much less good a deal but that's a hell of a midfield three there.
Are you assuming they'll go to a back 4? I've been working on a back 3 and only 2 CM. Aren't all 3 of them quite defensive though. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.