Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I liked Drinkwater but he is just Gueye and Schneiderlin combined we need a midfielder who can take a pass and go forward, Mata, Barkley even Shelley like, not saying I want them but deffo not like Schneiderlin who can only see sideways and backwards.

If he is Gueye and Schneiderlin combined, and assuming you mean the good parts of their game and not the bad parts, then he's an upgrade on both of them.

How much do we think there actually is to spend? We’ve spent ~55-60m on Digne and Richarlison. We’ve brought in 23m from selling Klaassen and Funes Mori (though we have lowered the wage bill further with others out).

That’s a current net of ~35m. Apparently there is at least 30 more if the Mina reports are true. Surely that, plus the 10-20 we might be able to scrounge up from under the sofa cushions by selling the likes of Sandro, Mirallas, Williams and Bolaise is about it...

Means either we sell someone we like, execute some loans, or drop Mina in favor of cheaper options if we are to get the numbers Marco wants.

How much do we think there actually is to spend? We’ve spent ~55-60m on Digne and Richarlison. We’ve brought in 23m from selling Klaassen and Funes Mori (though we have lowered the wage bill further with others out).

That’s a current net of ~35m. Apparently there is at least 30 more if the Mina reports are true. Surely that, plus the 10-20 we might be able to scrounge up from under the sofa cushions by selling the likes of Sandro, Mirallas, Williams and Bolaise is about it...

Means either we sell someone we like, execute some loans, or drop Mina in favor of cheaper options if we are to get the numbers Marco wants.
Lookman sale

Must agree. I rather naively thought Brands would have arrived with quite an extensive list of otherwise lesser-known, cheaper alternatives to shopping in the more traditional and very well trodden markets.

Obviously it isn’t as simple as that but even if the links to Rojo were half true, strike me as the easy and lazy option, which when buying domestically, is far from cheap either. It doesn’t project Brands as the head of a scouting network with global reach, and fingers on the pulse for the best talent.

That’s very harsh with them being new in their jobs. Perhaps we’ll see a bit more creativity next year. Kudos to them for Digne though I must say.

True but my way of thinking is that he has to get tried and trusted players initially to give the current team backbone and ability to hold there own then start on a trickle of unknown (hopefully) gems rather than the other way around. We are in need of major surgery currently and the untried players could compound the dilemma we are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.