Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't. He was United's most consistent defender in 16/17. Had troubles with injuries last season.

Again, I'm not advocating the deal, but he isn't rubbish. If it was £15m and he was one of two new CBs, I'd take it. But if he is the only target and we pay way over the odds, it'll be disappointing.

Mate some people on here know more about football than Jose Mourinho and Van Gaal so maybe we should believe them when they say ‘he’s rubbish’ with no evidence whatsoever.

If he didn’t play for United you’d all love him. Seriously I don’t know what some of you want. We have Jagielka Keane and Williams on the books and you’re turning your noses up at a 28 year old Argentine international with premier league experience trusted by defensive minded managers of the calibre of Van Gaal and Mourinho. He’s strong aggressive and good on the ball. ‘Yeah bit he gets red cards’, like none of our centrebacks ever get them.

He's had zero red cards during his Manchester United career, mate.

I know you were defending him, btw, but worth pointing this out.

He isn't. He was United's most consistent defender in 16/17. Had troubles with injuries last season.

Again, I'm not advocating the deal, but he isn't rubbish. If it was £15m and he was one of two new CBs, I'd take it. But if he is the only target and we pay way over the odds, it'll be disappointing.

this is like for like my comments on keane last summer, except maybe i wasn't as nice.

It's Maguire utd want or aldeweireld. Think Mina is their 3rd choice.

On Rojo - injuries and age concern me a bit. I would rather someone younger and fitter. Only twice in his career has he appeared in over 30 games in a season. Not good. You could imagine him quickly realising he's on good money at a club going nowhere ans just phoning it in from the treatment room.

But....we desperately need a centre back who is comfortable playing a high line. Rojo has got to be better than what we have in that respect, having been at man utd.

United fans seem to be disappointed that they're letting him go rather than Jones or smalling, which is very interesting. I

Silva managed him very briefly at Sporting but I am not sure he actually played under Silva as he got disciplined by the club for skipping training and forcing through the man utd move.

Not for me mate, he is turbo gash, file under a mystery how they became a professional footballer. I like a good under dog, but see nothing redeeming in Rojo.

I was in such a great mood after we sold Klassen as well.

Silva worked with Rojo at Sporting. I believe it, purely because it’s a terrible transfer.

Not really. Silva arrived in may 2014 just before the world cup. Rojo has a great tournament and earned his move to united that August off the back of it

Phil Neville was also trusted bya Utd manager

Yeah and when you put aside the one eyed hatred of him he was actually a decent utility player for us. League winner and full England international played loads of times by Alex Ferguson but yeah maybe he was actually crap and fooled them all and a section of Evertonians are actually right.

I won't believe it till Joyce or King confirm it. But he would be better than what we have even with his rashness. 30million is ridiculous. I would like two CBs if we could get him and Mina that would be decent.

If he didn’t play for United you’d all love him. Seriously I don’t know what some of you want. We have Jagielka Keane and Williams on the books and you’re turning your noses up at a 28 year old Argentine international with premier league experience trusted by defensive minded managers of the calibre of Van Gaal and Mourinho. He’s strong aggressive and good on the ball. ‘Yeah bit he gets red cards’, like none of our centrebacks ever get them.

Yes he is strong, aggresive and good on the ball but he cannot defend, which for a defender is alarming. He is literally a more expensive version of Funes Mori without the heading ability.

Rojo eh. I mean he’s probably our best centre back if he signs, but then that isn’t hard is it. His wages will be astronomical, and he’ll need a decent partner too without a doubt. Makes it seem like we’re just finding them to buy Mina though which is madness.

We've just sold a 27 year old Argentine international defender with premier league experience though.

Status
Not open for further replies.