Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
My spidey senses are suggesting to me the media has been full of it this entire time.

That, or Brands has an absurd amount of twin brothers coincidentally leaving for their spanish hols this week.
they're all just reporting what the other sites report, massive circle jerk

I agree, very similar to Plopp and thats the issue with the high press, its very exposed to counter attacking and it requires supreme amounts of tactical and positional awareness, if just 1 player is lazy getting back into his transition it exposes the whole defensive shape.

Fortunately we have Morgan sprinting around ensuring we always have shape and cover.

ramsey's position at arsenal is exactly the same walcott's was when we got him.

Nah that's not true. Ramsey played 30 times for Arsenal last season and was voted their player of the season.
Theo didn't start a single Premier League game for Arsenal last season - was only getting starts in the Europa league and Carabao Cup, and was getting slated for his performances.

Couple things I know...

...Alphoso Davies is a unique talent. He could be a superstar, hope he does well.

Marco Silva's tactics aren't really that much like Klopps. He doesn't really press high all that often, so I'm not sure where everyone is getting that idea from. Every modern coach presses to some extent.

I know I shouldn’t, but just been watching videos of Zakaria.

HE is what we need. Fast, strong, can pick a pass, shoot and next to gueye he would be perfect.

Perfect age too.

A team of

Pick
Coleman holgate a cb digne
Gueye zakaria
Siggy
Walcott tosun Richarlison/lookman

Is strong in all areas.

We really are 2/3 players away from a good side with a lot of potential and are getting there with cover and competition in most positions.

Look, It’s not rocket science Marcel, punt all the rejects to Turkey, then encourage the fathers of moody Continental types to gob off to the press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back