Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you two think of his skillset?

..i’ve only got the World Cup to work off, but he looked a big old unit, is a great age and played like the game matters to him. He might have been flattered by Sanchez, but the pairing was impressive with real powers of recovery. His record also suggests he’s got goals in him.

I think the two teams he played for in South America both won the title.

Would love Schurrle. Top, top player and in his prime too.

Not happening though. Don't know where he's going but it's not to Everton or Crystal Palace unless he and his agent have both had simultaneous nervous breakdowns.

Not happening though. Don't know where he's going but it's not to Everton or Crystal Palace unless he and his agent have both had simultaneous nervous breakdowns.

May not get him specifically, but even when counting Richarlison in, it seems we do need more depth on the left side. Why is it shocking that we might be looking to add more?

Really struggled with injuries and has hardly played at Dortmund for one reason or the other.

Maybe in a prime age, but far from his peak at a player. Has lost that acceleration he had when he first came through as well.

He's still a good player, but if we're signing Richarlison, we won't be in for Schurrle.

May not get him specifically, but even when counting Richarlison in, it seems we do need more depth on the left side. Why is it shocking that we might be looking to add more?

It's not shocking; it's just the player it is. He's a 27 year old world cup winner with lightning pace and great technical ability. He's had a bad time at Dortmund but I'd still assume a bigger club than us and Palace would be in for a player like that, even if considering his muscular issues.

Really struggled with injuries and has hardly played at Dortmund for one reason or the other.

Maybe in a prime age, but far from his peak at a player. Has lost that acceleration he had when he first came through as well.

He's still a good player, but if we're signing Richarlison, we won't be in for Schurrle.

Yeah I know his history, but would still be astonished if he ends up at Palace or Fulham. If he does, he's gave up on his career and just wants to settle in London, which would mean a bullet dodged of course, but if he still had the hunger in his game he'd be one hell of a signing for most clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.