Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all that apart from him showing all the signs of being a great finisher. I only ever saw him play in the England youth games and he was a handful certainly, but I never saw the natural finisher in him.

He is now certainly. In fact I think he's probably world class. But that ability just came practically overnight.

Did you actually watch him as a kud for the likes of Orient.
I don't want to derail the thread but just to answer you.

Not for Orient no, although I did see him at Milwall a couple of times. I lived in North London at the time though, and the talk among Spurs fans was similar to when Rooney was coming through here, they knew he was good. Obviously he's surprised people with just how good he turned out to be, but from an early age the noises coming out of Spurs were that he was something special - it wasn't a coincidence that another PL team took a 19 year old kid with no PL experience on loan, there was an expectation that he would deliver, but for whatever reason he didn't.

Take a look at this video:

That's Kane as a 17/18 year old playing league football. Left foot, right foot, headers, inside the box, outside the box, running on to through balls and deflecting things in with his body, pretty much every single one right in the corner. He was a natural finisher alright, just the fact he was scoring 1 in 3 at 18 makes that fairly obvious to be honest, but there's no denying it once you see the goals.

Anyway, we won't be signing anyone quite at the level but a new striker would be high on my wishlist this summer.

Surely given the fact that we now know for certain that we are attempting to bring in a new highly respected DoF we can dismiss for the moment any spurious links to future players.
Until we sort out who will be DoF our transfer policy will be on hold.

Not for Orient no, although I did see him at Milwall a couple of times. I lived in North London at the time though, and the talk among Spurs fans was similar to when Rooney was coming through here, they knew he was good. Obviously he's surprised people with just how good he turned out to be, but from an early age the noises coming out of Spurs were that he was something special - it wasn't a coincidence that another PL team took a 19 year old kid with no PL experience on loan, there was an expectation that he would deliver, but for whatever reason he didn't.

That's Kane as a 17/18 year old playing league football. Left foot, right foot, headers, inside the box, outside the box, running on to through balls and deflecting things in with his body, pretty much every single one right in the corner. He was a natural finisher alright, just the fact he was scoring 1 in 3 at 18 makes that fairly obvious to be honest, but there's no denying it once you see the goals.

Anyway, we won't be signing anyone quite at the level but a new striker would be high on my wishlist this summer.

Maybe because Spurs fans actually got behind the lad and wanted to see him succeed

Am I the only one who doesn’t think we’re that far off? sell the rubish (Williams, bolasie, shniederlin, klassen, Sandro, niasse) and bring a new winger to replace bolasie. baines’ new apprentice, a centre back to play wth keane (if he ends the season in the form he did against liverpool) and with the young guys coming back into the squad ie, lookman and Williams with a healthy gylfi I don’t think we’re in that bad of shape and I don’t think making too many starting 11 changes is a good thing, hopefully brands and Fonseca are here to get Fat Sam and Walsh the [Poor language removed] away from our club make the right decisions either way.
P.s yes I know I’m on the forum late but it’s not quite as late here in Canada lol

You missed out what we desperately need a powerful box to box midfielder who can get around the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.