Subbuteo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol
we had a two up two down with a parlour toilet in the back yard and a tin bath on a nail on the wall as a miners son some Tory.......
Thats it, any excuse, it'll be 'fake news' next
I know your sort.
The whole family was poor,
Your Dad was poor,
Your Mum was poor,
I bet even your Butler was poor and only had one table as well.

Remember one infamous Sunday dinner round my nan’s. Must’ve been a dozen or more family there. And I must’ve just turned 10 which meant my RS uncle (about 6 yrs older and only RS in our family) finally allowed me to play him at subbuteo on the living room floor. Only the living room just about fitted the baize pitch and the couch and the dining table so anyone moving anywhere in the room had to step across the pitch. For some reason Brighton were playing the RS live on tv and when the RS scored my uncle leaps up causing the dog to go ballistic, my three year old brother to launch full toddler after the dog across the pitch as I scored first (and last) goal ever against my uncle.

Dog plus toddler brother plus nan delivering Sunday dinner (without treading on the aforementioned pitch invaders) instantly decimated the playing careers of dalglish, Clemence, neal, toshack, Hughes,Heighway, and a couple of Kennedy’s.

the family elders awarded my Everton the 1-0 win much to my uncles disgust. He ran upstairs with his precious broken RS and came down a few hours later at which point we found out Airfix glue has finished the lot of them off into stumpy deformities.

happiest subbuteo memory ever that day. And a family day still fondly remembered as the greatest Derby ever

Remember one infamous Sunday dinner round my nan’s. Must’ve been a dozen or more family there. And I must’ve just turned 10 which meant my RS uncle (about 6 yrs older and only RS in our family) finally allowed me to play him at subbuteo on the living room floor. Only the living room just about fitted the baize pitch and the couch and the dining table so anyone moving anywhere in the room had to step across the pitch. For some reason Brighton were playing the RS live on tv and when the RS scored my uncle leaps up causing the dog to go ballistic, my three year old brother to launch full toddler after the dog across the pitch as I scored first (and last) goal ever against my uncle.

Dog plus toddler brother plus nan delivering Sunday dinner (without treading on the aforementioned pitch invaders) instantly decimated the playing careers of dalglish, Clemence, neal, toshack, Hughes,Heighway, and a couple of Kennedy’s.

the family elders awarded my Everton the 1-0 win much to my uncles disgust. He ran upstairs with his precious broken RS and came down a few hours later at which point we found out Airfix glue has finished the lot of them off into stumpy deformities.

happiest subbuteo memory ever that day. And a family day still fondly remembered as the greatest Derby ever
Great game. My brother being Everton me being Leeds we always contrived that whatever competition those two would win the league or the cup. I had a top player in Eddie Gray mutilated by my brother when he stood on him,he went to the airfix glue hospital,came out a new player. Sorry to say to you Everton lads but Leeds subbuteo team were unbeatable,my brother now in his early 50s me late 50s can still remember those epic battles.

Fun Subbuteo fact: Football commentator Jonathon Pearce ran an entire world cup, qualifiers and all in his bedroom alone as a child. He had national anthems, goal scorer and tackle rankings, disciplinary, the lot.

Weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.