Subbuteo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subbuteo. I was the era of stickers for shirt numbers. I customised my Everton figures by scraping the paint off and repainting certain features. So I repainted flesh coloured forearms on Joe Royle, ‘cos he always had his sleeves rolled up. Orange hair on Alan Ball and yellow hair on Alan Whittle. Alas, I never attempted the Terry Darracott combover...

.....and this:

pic49163.jpg

You got paints with them to change kit colours.

Ha Ha.
I had this similar game....
s-l400.png

Subbuteo. I was the era of stickers for shirt numbers. I customised my Everton figures by scraping the paint off and repainting certain features. So I repainted flesh coloured forearms on Joe Royle, ‘cos he always had his sleeves rolled up. Orange hair on Alan Ball and yellow hair on Alan Whittle. Alas, I never attempted the Terry Darracott combover...
I used an Airfix soldier/general that looked a bit like Harry Catterick to lead my team out. ;)

Christmas of ‘92. Best Christmas ever.
Played it all day. Massive crisis though when my sister stood on Tony Cottee and then my dad managed to Superglue him to his thumb.
That's brilliant.

I can even remember the old celluloid figures in the 60s which came on sheets which you punched out. You had to either glue them into their bases or jam them in with little bits of paper. We played on a rug that had a design uncannily like the old 2-3-5 formation of a team. There were two main dangers to the satisfactory
completion of the match. Firstly, other family members coming in and treading on the players. I had several who had been snapped in half so all of my teams had at least two Jimmy Johnstones. Secondly, the intervention of the cat who liked to get after the men and cuff them into far corners of the room, under the couch etc.

my dad just used to buy me a ball and lash me out on the street to play footy in the rain (sobs) so he could read the echo in peace.

I ended up building a main stand out of cardboard to go next to my pitch... You could buy the official version but could never afford it.
Anyone else used to stick the goals to the pitch with little bits of blu tac to stop them sliding about because the goalie knocking into them?

There was a game that I had can't remember the name of it, the players were on springs and ya had to bend them back and release to get em to kick the ball.

There was a game that I had can't remember the name of it, the players were on springs and ya had to bend them back and release to get em to kick the ball.

And the players were all sunk slightly into the pitch so that the ball always went to one of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.