Homepage Update: Stones tells Everton he wants Man City transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton is more than just an organization. I believe that a football club has a soul and this is as valid as any church or political party or whatever. I love Everton and believe that my connection is more than just some kind of preference. Everton Football club is so much more than a business or corporation. All of those people who have supported our club over the years have given so much. It is an emotional issue. If my fellow Evertonians want to fume about Stones leaving, then bring it on. If Stones wants to go then go, never darken our lives again. You love Everton or you can [Poor language removed] off.

:pint2:

We could argue about whether or not he'll end up being the new Beckenbauer (or Koeman!) til the cows come home but no one knows how he'll turn out. If he doesn't want to play for us let him go and get the best deal for the club. If that happens to be a world record for a defender I can't see how anyone can complain about that, especially for a kid who can't get into the national team and is still very much a work in progress.

Looking at the players we've sold for over £10million in the past I'd say on the whole we've done pretty well out of the deals..

Fellaini £27.54m - good deal for us - been in and out at Utd and future uncertain
Rodwell £12.75m - great deal - 16 games in 2 years for City - sold on to Sunderland at a loss
Arteta £10.5m - did OK for Arsenal without setting the world alight - decent price for us though
Lescott £23.38m - did well for City won a few trophies but let go on a free at the end of his initial contract
Andy Johnson £11.38m - 27 goals in 112 appearances over 4 years for Fulham says it all - very good business for us
Rooney £31.45m - the one that got away but despite all his success not sure he turned into the world legend we all thought he might be
Jeffers £13.01m - 8 goals in 39 games over 3 years for Arsenal sold for £2.6m to Charlton - exceptionally good business

Need to balance that with the likes of Eric Dier and Shkodran Mustafi whom we let slip through our fingers but I think they prove how difficult it is to predict just how good a career any young player with potential might have.

Bottom line is if anyone doesn't want to play for us, get rid and get the best deal possible. I think history shows our record in doing so is pretty good.

All down to Roberto this, he messed up the whole team and thus the defence. The Stones away thing is collateral damage...can't see him getting even a toilet named after him.

(Agents and tapping up doesn't help either)
TBF if it wasn't for Roberto we wouldn't be about to turn a £3m investment into a £53m payout (albeit with 15% to Barnsley). Moyes never wanted him - he didn't even get on a Moyes bench in that last 6 months. He was on his way to sign for Wigan (i.e. RM) and was told to sign for Everton instead. (Ferguson said in his updated autobiography Moyes was tapped up in the December).

So yes, last 12-18 months RM has messed up a lot of players as well as the team. If the Rags are still offering that much then I agree he's potentially next year's Sterling, so sell. Worst case is he's actually as good as some predicted. We still got good money for him.

Imagine wanting to leave a club with a manager who is one of the best centre backs to play the game to go sit on the bench at Man City. Good luck to you John, give Jack Rodwell a ring and see how his career went after going to Man City
Jack didn't fail at City because of his footballing ability, he was beset by a never ending cataloge of injuries, and even after his move to Sunderland it's been pretty much the same story. I really feel for the lad.

get shot....53 large we can do a lot of damage with that sort of money, even tho we don't need it anymore:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Probably because he wants to play for a side challenging for all of the honours currently available, at a state of the art stadium, under one of (if not the) best managers in the world...
How is pep one of the best he's walked into 2 sides who were flying in leagues that were virtually wrapped up before a ball is kicked. ..welcome to the real world pep and good luck with that one.

Jack didn't fail at City because of his footballing ability, he was beset by a never ending cataloge of injuries, and even after his move to Sunderland it's been pretty much the same story. I really feel for the lad.

Never really stood a chance though. Had great ability and potential but never got the chance to prove it. Could go the same way from Stones

Rodwell flattered to deceive. Strolled around the pitch looking graceful but contributed nothing and didn't influence games. We did well getting so much for him.

TBF if it wasn't for Roberto we wouldn't be about to turn a £3m investment into a £53m payout (albeit with 15% to Barnsley). Moyes never wanted him - he didn't even get on a Moyes bench in that last 6 months. He was on his way to sign for Wigan (i.e. RM) and was told to sign for Everton instead. (Ferguson said in his updated autobiography Moyes was tapped up in the December).

So yes, last 12-18 months RM has messed up a lot of players as well as the team. If the Rags are still offering that much then I agree he's potentially next year's Sterling, so sell. Worst case is he's actually as good as some predicted. We still got good money for him.

Great post.

(although the "rags" is United, not City....don't even ask why city call them that, it is quite disgusting :()

Status
Not open for further replies.