Match Thread Stoke City vs Everton, 6th Feb 2016

The result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We aren't doing anyone 4-1 mate.

I know I should know better, but I suffer from being an Everton fan who's a gluten for punishment ;)

Really though, this game is set up for us to run riot as they've no defense to speak of, plus we're on the back of a good win so the players should be well up for this, so on paper we should turn these over! All depends on which Everton team turns up TBH

They deserve a spanking after ruining my son's first game at Goodison. Though he had more luck than me - ekoku 5 - some team in blue 1. So, he's learned the everton lesson now show him why we hope.2-1 blues.

Shaqiri could make us pay for the inevitable and inexplicable breakdowns. Those are hopefully going to continue to become less frequent though...

I think Newcastle didn't really challenge us offensively. They started a midget up top as a lone striker and when they did bring on an actual target man he missed the actual target (lucky for us) on his only real chance. They set up to basically just try and contain us, which failed.

Stoke will be very different. They have a very talented team at the moment, particularly their attack. Arnautovic, Shaqiri & Bojan dangerous players and will expose any defensive mistake we make and we're pretty much guaranteed to make them. Their defence has suffered from injuries and that will hopefully make it easier on whoever starts up front for us.
As for their new signing Imbula, he could start but whether or not he'll be any good I don't know and neither do Stoke fans.

With Howard & Robles out, I think the only change to our defence will be the return of Baines. McCarthy & Barry will reunite in midfield like two unlikely lovers after having some time apart to "see other people". Barkley will probably be in front of them with Cleverley on his left. I actually think Cleverley manages to do a decent job on the left, much better than when he tried to stand in for McCarthy.

As for the right, it would be hard to pick Deulofeu over Lennon right now, in my opinion, but the nippy wee man might need a rest after consistently being one of our best players in the past few games.

Lukaku will start in a back brace and introduce a new robotic celebration when he scores his 3rd, earning the nickname "The Aluminium Monster" (A nod and a wink to It's Always Sunny fans).

Status
Not open for further replies.