steven naismith

Status
Not open for further replies.
So by the sounds of things, some of the deadwood appears to be getting shafted by the club. Could that possibly point towards our big players definitely staying? I hope so.

So by the sounds of things, some of the deadwood appears to be getting shafted by the club. Could that possibly point towards our big players definitely staying? I hope so.

Regardless of whether we get rid of all the deadwood, if a big offer comes in for Fellaini/Baines they'll be gone.

Regardless of whether we get rid of all the deadwood, if a big offer comes in for Fellaini/Baines they'll be gone.

I know if a big offer comes in they're gone, but im meaning more of the £20mill+ kind offer rather than the £15mill-£17mill type offer if you get me.

Fourth Official â€￾@Fourth_Official
Jose Baxter has left Everton, wish him well for the future #efc
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

I know if a big offer comes in they're gone, but im meaning more of the £20mill+ kind offer rather than the £15mill-£17mill type offer if you get me.

Wouldn't have thought the club will part with Baines for less than £17m, especially given the clubs mooted.

Fellaini got to be a minumum, and I mean BARE minimum £25m.

So agreed, really. If we sell for any less than that after getting rid of deadwood, rage will follow.

the squad is small enough now thats Baxter, Wallace,McFadden,Drenthe,Dier, Denis Straq, Pienaar,Hahnemann,
Forshaw, that have left the club since last season add in the likes of Anichebe, Cahill,Mucha, were to leave to
would leave only the bones of a squad.

then if Baines or Fellaini were to be sold, we would need about 5 or more players to come in can you see the club getting
that done before the window shuts, i can't knowing Everton we will sell one of our big names on the last minute like Arteta
last season.

I like this from Dominic King on Steven Naismith.

"When, as expected, Steven Naismith becomes Everton's first acquisition of the transfer window, it will be yet another example of how David Moyes can work his way around the market. Everton's top priority this summer, of course, is re-sign Steven Pienaar but, for the moment, Naismith is not a bad starting point. Held in the highest esteem by Rangers fans and all his team-mates, Naismith evidently has the character to come in and slot seamlessly into a tight-knit dressing room and then make a difference on the pitch. Moyes does not sign players without doing his homework - for instance, when he was bidding for Joleon Lescott, he had 24 separate scouting reports on the player, 23 of which had top marks - and Naismith will not have been drafted in on a whim. He will undoubtedly have spoken to Nikica Jelavic and David Weir, not to mention a raft of contacts in Scotland. He has all the credentials to do well at Goodison Park, like so many who Moyes has brought in before."

"When, as expected, Steven Naismith becomes Everton's first acquisition of the transfer window, it will be yet another example of how David Moyes can work his way around the market. Everton's top priority this summer, of course, is re-sign Steven Pienaar but, for the moment, Naismith is not a bad starting point. Held in the highest esteem by Rangers fans and all his team-mates, Naismith evidently has the character to come in and slot seamlessly into a tight-knit dressing room and then make a difference on the pitch. Moyes does not sign players without doing his homework - for instance, when he was bidding for Joleon Lescott, he had 24 separate scouting reports on the player, 23 of which had top marks - and Naismith will not have been drafted in on a whim. He will undoubtedly have spoken to Nikica Jelavic and David Weir, not to mention a raft of contacts in Scotland. He has all the credentials to do well at Goodison Park, like so many who Moyes has brought in before."

Good enough for me. Not exciting but solid acquisition.

the squad is small enough now thats Baxter, Wallace,McFadden,Drenthe,Dier, Denis Straq, Pienaar,Hahnemann,
Forshaw, that have left the club since last season add in the likes of Anichebe, Cahill,Mucha, were to leave to

then if Baines or Fellaini were to be sold, we would need about 5 or more players to come in can you see the club getting
that done before the window shuts, i can't knowing Everton we will sell one of our big names on the last minute like Arteta
last season.

Correct. And there's some people who post on here who dont believe we have to chop wages off in order to get wages paid to new players. Incredible.

King is a Kopite divvy to be fair. All the above ^^^ is just stuff plagiarised off the tittle tattle about Naismith's possible move for the past 10 days...something I fully expect of any Echo, or former Echo, "reporter".

last season.
That's a bit far fetched mate. As if Everton would let all those players go without bringing in players to.... oh wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.