Transfer Rumour Steven Bergwijn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines/Pienaar ... the reason I detest people slating Bernard.

I literally see Digne/Bernard as potentially very close to mimicking that combo on our left.

Pienaar didn’t have shed loads of goals and assists... wouldn’t have swapped him for anyone.
Bernard's goal return and final ball are poor for a player of his quality.

I wasn't comparing him to Pienaar.

You’re telling me Bernard isn’t good enough when I’m making direct comparisons on the Baines pienaar partnership to the Digne Bernard one.

If you don’t think Baines pienaar was the best thing to come out of this club in the last 15 years then fine. Bernard’s numbers aren’t good enough.

However the Bernard Digne combo is greater than the sum of its parts - to coin a classic expression.

You’re telling me Bernard isn’t good enough when I’m making direct comparisons on the Baines pienaar partnership to the Digne Bernard one.

If you don’t think Baines pienaar was the best thing to come out of this club in the last 15 years then fine. Bernard’s numbers aren’t good enough.

However the Bernard Digne combo is greater than the sum of its parts - to coin a classic expression.

You've been banging on about Zaha stats, Palace home stats, not breaking teams down who sit back.

But only yesterday you were saying Zaha wouldn't walk into our team.

well see

You've been banging on about Zaha stats, Palace home stats, not breaking teams down who sit back.

But only yesterday you were saying Zaha wouldn't walk into our team.

Palace home stats. How they’ve performed vs teams that sit back. Yeah that’s important. That’s not an individual is it mate.

I specifically haven’t banged on about Zaha’s stats. I don’t care what he scored/assisted last season. I care about how he performed at home with palace last season when they faced teams who sat back and defended, how he effected their results through play, not numbers, and why they were dreadful at home.

interested to see your take on what I’ve said.

Neres, like Bergwijn would need a season to adjust.

Ziyech is a total myth of a player...would absolutely flop in the premier league...hes another Klaassen.

Lozano would be the same punt as Bergwijn only hes older...more clinical but slower...
Neres has serious pace. Ajax lost to Spurs in the semi bc he didn't play - missing piece in the jigsaw.

Berwijn is not as quick as you think. Plenty of others around.

Totally disagree about. Ziyech was unbelievable last season.
Great attitude with ball at his feet, attacking, creative, helps the side tick.
Doubts over whether he'd suit PL though.

Nice to be disagreeing again Zat :)

Palace home stats. How they’ve performed vs teams that sit back. Yeah that’s important. That’s not an individual is it mate.

I specifically haven’t banged on about Zaha’s stats. I don’t care what he scored/assisted last season. I care about how he performed at home with palace last season when they faced teams who sat back and defended, how he effected their results through play, not numbers, and why they were dreadful at home.

interested to see your take on what I’ve said.

You specifically mentioned Zaha struggling at home and made numerous posts about how he would struggle for around 25 games a season. You also said our club struggle to break teams down, which basically was saying Zaha would struggle here too. Zaha has significantly better stats than our own Bernard, so I am puzzled how you think Zaha doesn't walk into our first 11 based on that alone.

Stats aside because there is too many grey area's; Zaha is twice the player Bernard is. The main point though is that at Palace he was their only real attacking threat and everything went through him. Stop Zaha and you stop Palace. The teams that sit back have a much easier time to double up on one player, as its more manageable.

Here at Everton Zaha wouldn't be the main threat and far from it. We have too many threats all along the top line, full backs bombing forward and two players in the middle who are able to ping 40 yard balls to the feet of others. Its completely different to Palace. A combo of Digne, Coleman, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Zaha, Kean and Richarlison is more than a handful.

You specifically mentioned Zaha struggling at home and made numerous posts about how it would struggle for around 25 games a season. You also said our club struggle to break teams down, which basically was saying Zaha would struggle here too. Zaha was significantly better stats than our own Bernard, so I am puzzled how you think Zaha doesn't walk into our first 11 based on that alone.

Stats aside because there is too many grey area's; Zaha is twice the player Bernard is. The main point though is that at Palace he was their only real attacking threat and everything went through him. Stop Zaha and you stop Palace. The teams that sit back have a much easier time to double up on one player, as its more manageable.

Here at Everton Zaha wouldn't be the main threat and far from it. We have too many threats all along the top line, full backs bombing forward and two players in the middle who are able to ping 40 yard balls to the feet of others. Its completely different to Palace. A combo of Digne, Coleman, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Zaha, Kean and Richarlison is more than a handful.

Is saying zaha struggling at home directly referencing his stats.

Have a think. I’ll read the rest when you come back to me. One sentence in.

Is saying zaha struggling at home directly referencing his stats.

Have a think. I’ll read the rest when you come back to me. One sentence in.
When you read the rest it'll make sense

and yes I believe adding Kean and Zaha to what we had last season would be the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.