Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe how excited I am over us signing someone, even a non-playing person

I'm like a 7 year old whose had a pint of Tesco Brand Cola at a kids party (Other brands are available) and has lost his mind with excitement, kicking the poor clown to death in a sugar induced bout of euphoria

Can't express how much of a great signing this is, I know nobody had heard of him since we were linked but since then I've seen loads of people that I don't know, saying its a great aquisition.

I for one cannot contain my excitement.

Like anyone in a new job, there will be some items that cross Walsh's desk/path that are close to completion (hopefully signings) and other projects that he will initiate himself and take the lead on.

I'm sure he will have been briefed on the list of potential incomings that, presumably, have all already been cleared by Koeman.

Human nature dictates Walsh will just likely nod in approval at the work already done in this area, it would take a very strong character to say "No, don't fancy him at all, not having him here" if asked his opinion. If he is that type of guy, then great for us.

You just have to get the right balance and everyone understanding each others roles. I think there should be a healthy respect, but also a little tension, between Chairman / DoF / Manager. Good professionals should challenge each others ideas and avoid groupthink.

I see his role as paying dividends into the medium and long-term, unless it is deemed that some players he wanted at Leicester are available and suitable for Everton this window.

Have to say I'm delighted with his signing. No doubt his contacts and experience will do us proud in the near future.... best of luck to him!!!

I'm absolutely thrilled with this signing. A quality DOF I believe is essential for a Prem club these days. In today's football, managers come and go at such frequency it is mind blowing that clubs give these men absolute authority at selling and buying players. Because of this turnover Managers must win now. So you can understand why they may sacrifice long term success to win now, which I believe can be detrimental to a club. I think it is essential to the long term health of a club that you have a person in charge that can look at the overall picture.
Walsh built a club that won the Premier League title 2 years after promotion. Add that to the fact that Moshiri wants him and trusts him with his money and I see no reason why anyone wouldn't be on board with this.

Hes worked at all levels of football, from the very bottom and now the very top of his "trade".

Of course some aspects he will be unfamiliar with, but he knows football on all levels, he knows the game and hes got loads and loads of help at the club, he wont be doing it all on his own. Pretty sure the club has seen his CV and pretty sure they know what he can and cant do.

If hes out his depth, which I very much doubt, he wont last long, personally I think the fella will be good for us, hes held in very regard by lots of people in the game.

Never heard of him before yesterday but by all accounts it seems a great appointment. I'm happy.

The everton way.

Sign up a fella who has spotted a load of players who have gone on to be top players. Sign up players for buttons and they go on to win the league , very experienced.

So we try to pick faults and talk about him being a pe teacher!

Jesus be happy, this is a great appointment and even if he only spots one or two players in his time here they will be great for the team.

Very good appointment in my opinion.
I genuinely feel that Everton is on the up-and-up.
Ahead, nice things await Everton and its supporters

Sounds good. Think I'd rather have Walsh than taken a chance on Monchi - no guarantee that the latter would have adjusted to us. Really hoping that Unsworth will turn out to be brilliant and manage us one day

Difference is Brands is ACTUALLY a DoF and not a PE teacher masquerading as one.

bound to be helpful that, one would imagine.

I wonder if walshy made niasse do the training in his undies if he forgot his shorts, or maybe walshy has a lost property bin full of spares

Can't express how much of a great signing this is, I know nobody had heard of him since we were linked but since then I've seen loads of people that I don't know, saying its a great aquisition.

I for one cannot contain my excitement.

I'm just reminding people to think twice before they hype up Marcel " Never heard of him till a few weeks ago " Brands.

Mine was taking the piss as I hadn't actually heard of him, but I get what you mean.

Difference is Brands is ACTUALLY a DoF and not a PE teacher masquerading as one.

A DOF in a crap league with a country that has fell miles behind the development of younger players.

Plus his links to the snake Mino Roaila.

All hail to Brands the saviour of Everton Football Club.

I'm waiting for people to say he was the sole reason for PSV winning the titles just like they said regarding Walsh and Leicester.

A DOF in a crap league with a country that has fell miles behind the development of younger players.

I'm waiting for people to say he was the sole reason for PSV winning the titles just like they said regarding Walsh and Leicester.

I don`t know the first thing about him, other than he looks like a fella that owns a yacht and has a bird about thirty years younger than himself hanging off his arm.

I`m willing to give him a few months before ripping into him.

who do you rate as a good DOF mooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.