• OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much of which was as a part time scout whilst he taught PE

Hes worked at all levels of football, from the very bottom and now the very top of his "trade".

Of course some aspects he will be unfamiliar with, but he knows football on all levels, he knows the game and hes got loads and loads of help at the club, he wont be doing it all on his own. Pretty sure the club has seen his CV and pretty sure they know what he can and cant do.

If hes out his depth, which I very much doubt, he wont last long, personally I think the fella will be good for us, hes held in very regard by lots of people in the game.

Interesting times to follow. I predict fever pitch fume as we sell Stones & Lukaku and spend three & sixpence on Umbogu Ngoto from the French amateur league. Fume will gradually subside during November when young Umbogu has kept us 10 consecutive clean sheets & scored 19.

Hes worked at all levels of football, from the very bottom and now the very top of his "trade".

Of course some aspects he will be unfamiliar with, but he knows football on all levels, he knows the game and hes got loads and loads of help at the club, he wont be doing it all on his own. Pretty sure the club has seen his CV and pretty sure they know what he can and cant do.

If hes out his depth, which I very much doubt, he wont last long, personally I think the fella will be good for us, hes held in very regard by lots of people in the game.
Mourinho rated the guy highly. Enough said.

Judging from all the praise he's getting from various corners of the game, this seems to be an astute appointment by us.

Would be willing to bet the moaners on here would be doing backflips if he had a fancy continental name :p

Whether this is a good appointment depends upon the remit of his role.

If his duties are to (in tandem with the manager ) scout and /or identify potential signings and then be intergral to the negotiations that follow then he sounds like a great appointment.

However if his job description includes overseeing and implentation of all aspects of football at Everton he sounds seriously underqualified.
There isn't a person on the planet who would have the know how or time to oversee and implement all aspects of football at a club.
I'm sure his duties will be primarily to revitalise the scouting set up and working in tandem with the manager, identify and finalise details for players. Aspects such as loan deals and progress of academy players will still I feel under the stewardship of joe royle, who knows the club inside out.
I doubt we will see Walsh actively involved in the coaching of players as we have more than enough capable coaches overseeing the first team and youth set up. Like always though, time will tell if he is the right man for the job.

In all seriousness this is a brilliant bit of business.

He's as close as we could have got to getting Ranieri as new manager, and I think we'd all have been OK with that. So we have him and Koeman. Got to be happy really.

Status
Not open for further replies.