starting eleven after deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------Yarmolenko------------------
Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko
-------------Yarmolenko Yarmolenko--------------
-------Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko
--------------------Yarmolenko-------------------

I actually think 4231 works well when two wingers are played - and played wide; to stretch the opposition's defence, and one of the two holding midfielders has some dynamism.

Howard

Coleman - Stones - Jags - Baines

-------McCarthy - Barkley ---------

Del----------- Kone ----------Mirallas

--------------Lukaku

I really like Kone's close control and ability to hold onto the ball, loved his cross for Lukaku at Southampton too. I think he's the perfect - and much needed - link between Lukaku and Barkley.

CN1I_r2WcAAf4Iv.jpg

Once Baines returns I figure we line up something like this Credit: @tonyneville1878

Should be:

Howard
Coleman Stones Jags Baines (or Galloway or Oviedo depending on fitness)
McCarthy Barkley
Del Mirallas Lennon
Lukaku​

I actually think that line up would scare the s**t out of most oppo defences, while still having a grip on midfield ( see Barnsley 1st half on what happens without that grip). Lennon is a good addition and both he and Cleverly could be around for a few years and prove very astute signings. Geri has to play currently - there will be times when his form drops and he stinks and he will be replaced - this is not that time.

Interestingly in this thread there have been few shouts for Naisy - so why did we knock back Norwich? were we strategically trying to bump up his price in January?

Agree completely. This is the lineup that we should use at home against teams that want to defend all day. Has Martinez played Mirallas behind the striker?

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Besic
Deulefou Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku

Clevery, Kone and Lennon can fight it out to get on the pitch in attacking midfield positions. Competition ;)

I would have cleverly next to Barkley
And drop McCarthy back for Barry
I've been surprised by cleverly
And I think he offers more than McCarthy going forward

I've said on here before but IMO
McCarthy plays sitting infront of the back 4 or doesn't play for me

Yeh I think it's flexible. Still think Barry in that role is key when we play on top form, but I think McCartgy and Besic will take over soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.