starting eleven after deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hard working Lennon makes 442 a possibility. Especially if you put Cleverley on the other side.

_-----------Howard
Coleman Stones Jags Baines
Lennon McCarthy Barkley Cleverley
-------------Kone Lukaku

Rom is twice the player with a proper strike partner and there are enough workers in midfield.

We will really regret not getting the best out of Lukaku when he does eventually move on... But he needs support!!!

Howard coleman stones jags baines mccarthy besic barkley lennon mirralles lukaku del on if we need to spice things up or when opponents legs look tired.

It's the same as the starting eleven on the final day of last season.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

cm-punk-vince-mcmahon.jpg

Rom is twice the player with a proper strike partner and there are enough workers in midfield.

Entirely agree. That is why the failure to get a top no.10 this window is so dissapointing.

As regards the team, Del Boy must be a starter. He has more ability than any other forward and unlike Lennon, he offers a final product. It will also be interesting to see if Miralles can get his mojo back.

Robles, Coleman, Stones, Jags, Oviedo.
McCarthy, Barkley, Cleverley
Del Boy, Lukaku, Miralles.

----------------Howard--------------
Coleman----Jags----Stones-----Oviedo
-------------------------------------------
----------McCarthy----Barkley-----------
Lennon---------------------------Deulofeu
----------Mirallas-----Lukaku-------------

Would love to see the Kev and Rom partnership there, would like to see how this one would work out. I think this team would beat Chelsea.

I keep changing my mind but my team when all fit:

Howard
Coleman/Stones/Jags/Baines
McCarthy/Cleverley
Del/Barkey/Mirallas
Lukaku

Predicted team vs Chelsea:

Howard
Coleman/stones/jags/Mori
McCarthy/Barry
Lennon/Barkley/Mirallas
Lukaku

Entirely agree. That is why the failure to get a top no.10 this window is so dissapointing.

As regards the team, Del Boy must be a starter. He has more ability than any other forward and unlike Lennon, he offers a final product. It will also be interesting to see if Miralles can get his mojo back.

Robles, Coleman, Stones, Jags, Oviedo.
McCarthy, Barkley, Cleverley
Del Boy, Lukaku, Miralles.

Yeah would have been nice to get a proper number 10, but given what we've got... I think we would be missing a trick not partnering Rom and Kone.

Also like your team, maybe a good option against the big boys.. playing more on the counter.

Agree with a lot of what you are saying in terms of what we should be aiming for. For me, the frustration comes from persisting with things that don't always work. E.g Barry in the middle every time and now Kone on the wing.

Exactly and hence my frustration

Putting Barry against Fabregas will be suicidal (as it was last time). Barkley and Besic would get in his face and outrun him. We could then control the midfield and keep them defending isolating Costa. That's what other teams have done. We'll sit back let them do whatever they want and hand them their easiest win of the season.

based on current injuries it will be this, when everyone is fit it should be the team with ()
Howard
coleman jags stones Oviedo (Baines)

mccarthy Barry (Cleverly)

Mirrallas Barkley Kone (Deluefeu)

Lukaku

----------------Howard--------------
Coleman----Jags----Stones-----Oviedo
-------------------------------------------
----------McCarthy----Barkley-----------
Lennon---------------------------Deulofeu
----------Mirallas-----Lukaku-------------

Would love to see the Kev and Rom partnership there, would like to see how this one would work out. I think this team would beat Chelsea.

I actually think that line up would scare the s**t out of most oppo defences, while still having a grip on midfield ( see Barnsley 1st half on what happens without that grip). Lennon is a good addition and both he and Cleverly could be around for a few years and prove very astute signings. Geri has to play currently - there will be times when his form drops and he stinks and he will be replaced - this is not that time.

Interestingly in this thread there have been few shouts for Naisy - so why did we knock back Norwich? were we strategically trying to bump up his price in January?

I actually think that line up would scare the s**t out of most oppo defences, while still having a grip on midfield ( see Barnsley 1st half on what happens without that grip). Lennon is a good addition and both he and Cleverly could be around for a few years and prove very astute signings. Geri has to play currently - there will be times when his form drops and he stinks and he will be replaced - this is not that time.

Interestingly in this thread there have been few shouts for Naisy - so why did we knock back Norwich? were we strategically trying to bump up his price in January?
I just think it was too late to find a replacement, earlier I think we would've sold, especially if it was £8m!

I also think the chemistry would work on this one, the Belgian connection up front. The Lennon/Coleman combo which worked last season. The Geri/Oviedo and McCarthy/Barkley ones would work too imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.