Votes: 100 36.2%
  • No, Marco will be worth the lawsuit

Votes: 56 20.3%
  • It's just pre-season you div

Votes: 152 55.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole pre-season has been a shambles. Firstly the world cup has been a hindrance to most teams. However, if Silva knew that he would be taking this position and also Brands then why weren't plans in place to have players moved on sooner and incoming players in the moment the window opened. It was obvious last season the problems on the field that we had and it is still continuing. Also, if hes trying to implement a new playing system (in very short time) why are they bothering to fly to France for this? Wouldn't it of been better to stay put and train? Matches behind closed doors so that the other prem teams can't see are weaknesses. But what do I know.

There's a player in Sandro. Looks lively and one really good cross was nearly scored by Richarlison.

Don't get me wrong Walcott is better but I see Sandro improving with each game. Had a pretty decent pre-season, starting every game I think?
Worst player on the park and has been all pre season, but obviously Marco thinks like you. Hope you are both correct

Keane was great in fantastically well drilled, compact, defensive unit. Everything we are not. Not his fault but he's not good enough and doesnt have any pace at all.

The biggest issues for me are Schneiderlin and Jags. Jags makes everyone double check themselves because he's off the pace. Schneiderlin is in Silva's most important position but he just doesn't fulfil the requirements of his role for more than a patchy 10 minutes per game.

We're clearly on to the CB issue. But I wonder what the plan is with the #6. If we don't fix it I can envisage a Martinez-like season of possession, no chances, and being counter-attacked to death.

Apart from our defence, which let's be honest, we all know is a problem, I quite enjoyed that. We were hit on the break twice which will happen with Keane and Jags playing a high line. Schneids was out of position defensively on both occasions and their lad on the left has had 2 opportunities to put in decent crosses and did so twice.

On the other side, we had a perfectly good goal disallowed, had a purpose to our play when going forward which was something completely missing last year, and most of our many crossing opportunities fell to Seamus and Sandro on the right and were all wasted. Fine margins.

Richarlison is boss isn't he, and fully deserved his goal. WE fully deserved his goal as no way we were 2 goals worse than them.

So what have we learned. We need 2 new CDs or 1 new CD and Holgate back. We need a new left back. We need a new CM. We need Walcott back who would have made a huge difference. So basically, we learned nothing we didn't already know.

Just one extra thing. If Dowell had been out there and played as poorly as Siggy, he would have been slated on here. But Siggy get's away with murder on this forum. he was none existent out there. We need him to be the fulcrum of our attacking play. If he can't hack it he;s another we should be moving on.

I actually think there were quite a few positives.

First of all, I thought we had the ball more and were more consistently threatening. Richarlison looked dangerous even without any legit support from Baines and Sandro's quality isn't there, but you could see with Walcott or even Lookman out there, Coleman will have space to attack.

Second of all, their opportunities came off the counter, which frankly, Siliva will probably do more of in the league so I doubt we'll be pushing up quite as much as we are right now. However, the two goals were awful. I think it's interesting trying to play Keane on the left and Jags on the right, and while I'm pleasantly surprised about Keane's passing, he completely whiffed and/or was out of position on the second goal. The first goal...my heavens. Baines and Jags missed the ball completely and Stek was hosed.

The center backs are beyond bad and Baines isn't farther off. Two CBs and Digne solve that however, so I'm still hopeful. A decent center back to get on the end of yet again a couple of perfect free kicks by Siggy is also likely.

Morgan and Gana also do not need to play together. Morgan cannot recover if he pushes up and frankly, has no idea what he's doing in the final third. A better CM like Zakaria or Doucoure that can push forward transforms this midfield. But I have no problems with Gana's passing. Frankly, with the exception of going a bit high to Coleman at the end, his passing range was excellent and him switching fields was critical to our attack. He's going to have an outstanding season, but him and Morgan together is pointless.

Sooooo...I'm still hopefully that we get the players in that will make the difference. I have absolutely no problem with the tactics, it's obvious what we are trying to do, just need better players to execute it.

Both goals have come down our right.. Coleman in no mans land for both and Schneiderlin positionally inept when needing to cover

Coleman was doing his job, which is trying to baby sit our attack. Schneiderlin was at fault for the goals.

Just play Davies, At least when he loses it he'll get forward and do forward passes unlike Morg who just does nothing.

The problem is though mate we piss ourselves at the RS off for doing the exact same thing, get a player in and almost instantly that player is absolutely boss, and is the next big thing. It's going to be different from doing it in friendly games to doing it in the prem, so we just need to back the lad and see how he gets on, hopefully he tears the prem up.
I'm not trying to big him up to be world class (yet), I'm pointing out how utterly terrible some of the players around him are and he's showing them up.

The whole pre-season has been a shambles. Firstly the world cup has been a hindrance to most teams. However, if Silva knew that he would be taking this position and also Brands then why weren't plans in place to have players moved on sooner and incoming players in the moment the window opened. It was obvious last season the problems on the field that we had and it is still continuing. Also, if hes trying to implement a new playing system (in very short time) why are they bothering to fly to France for this? Wouldn't it of been better to stay put and train? Matches behind closed doors so that the other prem teams can't see are weaknesses. But what do I know.

you haven't been following everton long have you!

what you say actually makes sense, and I think the majority of blues thought similar, it seems the only ones who weren't thinking along the same lines are brands, silva and our owners

Status
Not open for further replies.