Votes: 100 36.2%
  • No, Marco will be worth the lawsuit

Votes: 56 20.3%
  • It's just pre-season you div

Votes: 152 55.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was away all day yesterday. Can anyone fill me in?

Were we terrible or unlucky or was it the defence again?

THe defence was terrible, slow mentally and physically it seemed. That’s the main issue. Also the CM was slow and bad. The attack didn’t look so bad. Everton do have some good players but the team seems to be very bad.

THe defence was terrible, slow mentally and physically it seemed. That’s the main issue. Also the CM was slow and bad. The attack didn’t look so bad. Everton do have some good players but the team seems to be very bad.

Did anyone bar richarlison impress?

Did anyone bar richarlison impress?

Well the ref didn't, that's for sure. Disallowed an Everton goal early on, don't know what for really and started ticking off our players for innocuous challenges that wouldn't even be fouls in the Prem. Then they started holding back for fear of picking up cards I suppose. Although prehaps they'd been warned not to risk getting injured at this juncture.

Well the ref didn't, that's for sure. Disallowed an Everton goal early on, don't know what for really and started ticking off our players for innocuous challenges that wouldn't even be fouls in the Prem. Then they started holding back for fear of picking up cards I suppose. Although prehaps they'd been warned not to risk getting injured at this juncture.
When I saw the ref even before the kick off I thought we wouldn't get much joy out of him. I too am mystified as to why Tosun's headed goal was disallowed. Seamus played well as usual and was unfortunate to have left his scoring boots in the hotel. Idrissa put in a good shift, Gylfi looked well off the pace, Baines looked dangerous going forward but was well out of position on the counter attacks. Sadly Jags was looking his age, and Keane made even Van Dyke look good lollol.
To be fair Rennes played well and aren't a pushover (they beat PSG away last season) and are in the Europa Leage this season.

We must all hope that Silva has seen the problems we have known about for ages, and is already on the case.

Hope. The one light left to chase when supporting Everton.
I mean, he's pretty much "had" the job since he was sacked by Watford. I don't really see what "seeing the players up close" accomplishes when you see they are completely and utterly useless during match days. I really hope it won't be but I feel like this is just a different version of Koeman using players who are completely unsuited to his "plan". Let's be frank, anyone who thinks Schneiderlien is a player that you want really needs to have a talking to.

I mean, he's pretty much "had" the job since he was sacked by Watford. I don't really see what "seeing the players up close" accomplishes when you see they are completely and utterly useless during match days. I really hope it won't be but I feel like this is just a different version of Koeman using players who are completely unsuited to his "plan". Let's be frank, anyone who thinks Schneiderlien is a player that you want really needs to have a talking to.
It's the difference between the system and the players. As someone from outside you wouldn't know where the system used is crap or of the players are just that bad.
Obviously we've seen them fail for 3 managers last season, so are pretty damn certain it's the players, but you forgive Marco for thinking surely they can't be that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.