Spurs vs Everton, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match...

• Joel Robles

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Leighton Baines

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramiro Funes Mori

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Ashley Williams

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Morgan Schneiderlin

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Gareth Barry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ross Barkley

Votes: 149 76.8%
  • Idrissa Gana Gueye

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Tom Davies

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Romelu Lukaku

Votes: 14 7.2%
  • Kein Mirallas

• James McCarthy

• Enner Valencia

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honestly, the scoreline somewhat flattered the Blues as for long periods, Spurs were dominant and in Harry Kane, they have a striker of true quality.

Everton, if we’re brutally honest, didn’t look up for the game and at times looked laboured and even lethargic against a side full of confidence and keen to keep their pressure on leaders Chelsea.

The inclusion of Gareth Barry, for all his experience, proved to be something a tactical error, and the change of McCarthy for Barry probably should have happened at half time. Setting up to contain Spurs never looked likely to work and so it transpired.

Spot on mate.

Just keep in mind, White Hart Lane is the most difficult stadium to win at in the country. Sure, we didn't look good today, but I'm not sure you can point to any team (apart from Spurs, obviously) that has looked good there. They've outscored the opposition 44-10 there this season. This is not the fixture to be judging the season on.

Glad to see the back of White Hart Lane, that's one positive from today.

I think they'll lose something playing at Wembley next year, be a day out for all visiting teams and fans.

Glad to see the back of White Hart Lane, that's one positive from today.

I think they'll lose something playing at Wembley next year, be a day out for all visiting teams and fans.
They definitely have looked terrible in their European matches there. It's going to be worse for them than Olympic Stadium has been for West Ham.

Thanks for this @AndyC . Another accurate, well written report.

Not going to weep over this match. Our poorer players were the ones we already knew about. They are a damn good team and exposed our failings.

Up to Ronko to get it sorted in the summer.

I went for Rossikins.

After a few hours to ponder and calm down I think this was one of those bad days at the office that all stemmed from a single mistake from the manager.

Putting Barry in there completely unsettled Davies Guye and Schniederlin and it was this effect that for me unsettled the rest of the team and set the conditions for a lacklustre performance and a lot of individual errors.

No help whatsoever for Lukaku when the ball did manage to get out of our half. No one knew what each other's jobs were - all in all, a poor performance and result.

I voted for Ross - starting to put in consistent 7-8/10 performances.

Ross for me. Looks like he's really starting to enjoy playing football again... he also looked like the only Everton player not suffering from a post-Bellew victory celebration party hangover.

Considering we somehow managed to get to half time only 0-1, that was good going. Spurs should have been out of sight by then. Credit to them. We were dire in the first half and struggled to string 2 passes together. A little better in the second. 3-2 flattered us. I don't get why Koeman broke up a winning system and team to shoehorn Barry in tbh. Kudos to Joel for some key saves, Ross and Rom. The rest need a kick up the proverbial after that first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.