SportPesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
SportPesa have extended their sponsorship to many other popular sports, I was at Chester Races and they sponsored the majority of the races, they are in Formula 1 with Force India, the Boxing.....as well as the football. None of which will have come cheaply, so their income streams must be sufficient to cover this outlay (or would have been!). No doubt their reputation takes a hammering when doubts are raised about their business practices....and by implication it’s not helpful through the association we’ve created. One to watch!

"Everton’s chief executive, Denise Barrett-Baxendale, wrote in the club’s annual report: “We value our developing relationship with SportPesa, who have demonstrated a strong alignment with our values.” A spokesperson for Everton, who describe themselves as “the people’s club”, said Barrett-Baxendale was referring to the sponsor’s support for the club’s extensive community work, which she herself pioneered in the deprived areas around Goodison Park."

Really disappointed in her by that remark.

Even if this wasn't going on, a gambling company is evil.

"Everton’s chief executive, Denise Barrett-Baxendale, wrote in the club’s annual report: “We value our developing relationship with SportPesa, who have demonstrated a strong alignment with our values.” A spokesperson for Everton, who describe themselves as “the people’s club”, said Barrett-Baxendale was referring to the sponsor’s support for the club’s extensive community work, which she herself pioneered in the deprived areas around Goodison Park."

Really disappointed in her by that remark.

Even if this wasn't going on, a gambling company is evil.
They're every where, Unless you are one of the big dog in the league you'll have to settle for them unless you want no money from your sponsor.
Game is the game.

They're every where, Unless you are one of the big dog in the league you'll have to settle for them unless you want no money from your sponsor.
Game is the game.

Horrifying that. Alcohol and Gambling should be banned from it.

I can understand that Man United will get more from a sponsorship for their training kit than us. But a level of CSR should be applied.

The point is that we're not. We're tied into a sponsorship contract but have a much better sponsor on the sidelines waiting to move in. So...work it out...what do you think has happened? If you can't work it out, ask me tomorrow and I'll tell you.(unless Davek tells you first)
And pray who might that be ?

Last edited:

I don’t know why any big company would sponsor one of the other 14. What top brand wants to be associated with teams that are guaranteed to fail? The game is literally weighed against them so why should the big boys who distort the game in their respective arena want to be associated with cannon fodder in football? Instead we have to make do with betting companies wanting to make a name for themselves. The best we can hope for is a new company looking to burst into a particular market and we catch them before they become a big player or a big continental name looking to get established in the uk market.

I wish we could just find some inventive ways to find the money elsewhere and leave the sponsor off.

Its not just about winning...its about visibility in grounds and more importantly on TV. The Prem is shown worldwide, and so even a poor teams shirt is visible every week in highlights, and on repeats. Every time Everton visit The Etihad millions see the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.