Match Thread Southampton vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
TRAITOR lol lol xxx Hope you have a fantastic time mate xxx
Thought I'd be giving you a shout last month mate. Neighbours asked me if I wanted to join them on a cruise and the original one we were looking at stopped at Rhodes Town. But they were gracious enough to go for a different one where I didn't have to pay a supplement for single occupancy. Itinerary wasn't quite as good but t still stopped at Mykonos and Crete. One day mate. ;)

Anyway, an important 3 points yesterday and great to get our first away league win of the season. Did you manage to catch the game over there.?

You wait through the interminable international break for the real stuff to start up and it's Birtles co-commentating with pearls of wisdom like "I've always said you have to beat the teams around you, beating the top teams is a bonus, you have to beat the teams around you."

Should have gone into management with that insight you tedious waste of a microphone.
What was wrong with that? I know what he means.

Birtles is a good commentator and makes solid points that others never talk about. Such as piss poor defending when defenders back off near their own penalty area when the opposition player in front of them is coming forward with the ball instead of closing them down.

What was wrong with that? I know what he means.

Birtles is a good commentator and makes solid points that others never talk about. Such as piss poor defending when defenders back off near their own penalty area when the opposition player in front of them is coming forward with the ball instead of closing them down.

Go through the match thread, sure you'll find plenty who agree with you.

Nobody should be getting paid for stating the obvious, like beat the teams around you. Honestly? Players, teams, fans, nobody has ever thought of this revolutionary concept?

As to the second point, I must have missed these bon-mots amongst his other nuggets of wisdom like, teams will want to be in a good league position before the world cup starts.

….regardless of constant criticism from @ForeverBlue92, I think we have a fantastic fanbase;

3F65A530-DEB8-4E17-8E96-9CC069FFD19D.jpeg

Our fans are in the top 6 for most arrests last season.

We have a great following but also have more than our fair share of scumbags who you consistently refuse to condemm...

58 arrests total for the entire season - we were actually fifth overall. The majority of our arrests were for pitch invasion and bringing pyrotechnics to the ground.

26 football banning orders were issued to our fans, I know one was for throwing a bottle during the Villa game and half a dozen were issued for racist chanting.

Presented without comment, just for context.

58 arrests total for the entire season - we were actually fifth overall. The majority of our arrests were for pitch invasion and bringing pyrotechnics to the ground.

26 football banning orders were issued to our fans, I know one was for throwing a bottle during the Villa game and half a dozen were issued for racist chanting.

Presented without comment, just for context.

But according to Eggs our fans all hold hands singing ring around the rosie.

We've got a great following as I say (one of the best away followings in the country 100%) but the dooey eyed "best fans in der werld" is kopite talk imo.

I can’t wait for United on Sunday at Goodison. Would be a massive 3 points and I think we are up for it.

Makes a change, eh? Going into a game with some positivity and the belief that we've got something about us. Thought the last two games we held those leads well, controlled the pace of the game and kept the ball well for stretches.

United have been going well of late, some impressive results of their own after that Brentford humiliation. Looking forward to it though.

But according to Eggs our fans all hold hands singing ring around the rosie.

We've got a great following as I say (one of the best away followings in the country 100%) but the dooey eyed "best fans in der werld" is kopite talk imo.

…..when you have 40,000 turning up along with our terrific away support you are bound to have a number of idiots, but I stand by my conviction that we have a fantastic fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.