Match Thread Southampton vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what part of you being condescending and on the wind-up don’t you understand ?
I'm just seeking clarification from yourself as a moderator that calling others terms such as 'bellend' on the open forum is not in breach of any forum rules.

So you imagine that as an NUFC fan coming on an Everton forum and predicting a loss as Southampton have more quality that you won’t attract a certain measure of contrary opinion ??
Some of your posts come across as rather condescending - though quite what you have to be condescending about is beyond most of us - or appear as deliberate attempts to wind people up.

Unfortunately for you, you irritated @Bungle one of our more outspoken contributors.

Alternatively you could invite him to join an NUFC forum where he would no doubt take great delight in abusing you lot en masse ?
Didn’t you know, they won the Inter-Toto Cup once? The Guinness Record for the highest concentration of obese people is a remarkable feat too.

….no idea what to expect, except I hope we continue to be difficult to break down. If we are strong defensively, I feel we can Nick a goal or two.

I'm just seeking clarification from yourself as a moderator that calling others terms such as 'bellend' on the open forum is not in breach of any forum rules.
We will judge the context in which certain terminology is used, and moderate accordingly.

You would do well to remember that this is first and foremost a forum for Evertonians, and whilst we are generally amenable to supporters of other clubs joining us, if the nature of other club supporters posts are taken as being deliberately intentioned to cause aggravation and grief then you leave yourself open to reactionary retorts.

We will moderate the forum, do not attempt to play the referee as that would be an extremely dumb idea… as plenty have found to their cost in the past.

It's pretty rough-and-tumble around here. May I introduce you to our friend @davek and the reactions he receives? 'Bellend' is among the nicer vitriol that goes back and forth.

This is not the tea-and-crumpets crowd. Growing up where I did, I'm a little non-plussed by discussing sports without an F-bomb as punctuation every fifth word, but Dan has his reasons.

We will judge the context in which certain terminology is used, and moderate accordingly.

You would do well to remember that this is first and foremost a forum for Evertonians, and whilst we are generally amenable to supporters of other clubs joining us, if the nature of other club supporters posts are taken as being deliberately intentioned to cause aggravation and grief then you leave yourself open to reactionary retorts.

We will moderate the forum, do not attempt to play the referee as that would be an extremely dumb idea… as plenty have found to their cost in the past.
So you consider the following quoted post to be 'deliberately intended to cause aggravation and grief?

A close result but ultimately another away defeat for Everton, I think Southampton just edge them on quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.