Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be tricky for sure, Saints finished last season very well abd are going good so far

Would like to see gordon get a start

Personally I’d start Sigurdsson over Gomes, I though Gomes was terrible yesterday. His final ball was shocking and was at fault for the RS first goal.

We’ve lost a creative player in Richarlison & Iwobi offers very little. Putting in Sigurdsson alongside James gives us a bit more creativity / better final ball in the final 3rd.

Fancy us to win again here.

We dominated them at their ground last season and that was with Silva in charge and with Schneiderlin, Davies, Sigurdsson, Walcott and Tosun all starting.

Think we’ll take advantage of their high line, Richarlison would’ve helped with that but still DCL will have ample opportunity to get in behind.

They are playing it down a little but with no Walcott option in this game Saints are struggling a bit.
Dejenepo injured, Armstrong picked up a strain while self isolating !!! So they choose between Long (has 45mins max in him) and Tella (youth, headless chicken).
Both their fullbacks play very high, pace will be the key here. Oh and Vestergaard has the turning circle of an oil tanker, it's a nailed on 3 points unless we get the tactics very wrong.

Last 2 games Iwobi has done we’ll when brought on tbf

I just prefer Bernard I suppose. If he plays then of course I hope he has a stormer. I just think Neil Warnock's description of Bolasie applies also to Iwobi:

“What would he bring? Frustration! One minute he’s unbelievable, the next you’re asking, ‘Is he a footballer?’

Do we ever do well away on the south coast?

Know we've beaten these 2-1 last season and 3-0 under Koeman but never seem confident playing away down there.

Richy a massive miss for this and the Utd game.

Bernard and Iwobi are certainly options for Richarlison's spot but I'd like to see Nkounkou get a game there. Him and Digne on the left flank would be strong defensively, pacey and dangerous going forward. DCL would definitely get some service from those 2.

The only thing guaranteed is that Danny Ings will score at some point and the kopite media will be aside themselves celebrating. Time to do these south coast kopites Everton.

It’s a season for breaking ducks on our travels. I’m confident of a win but will be a tough game, they battered us at Goodison last season but still didn’t beat us, we have a different team now. We weren’t great against Liverpool but had little time to prepare for the game, with a week of training we should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.