Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey has to play RB for me - they have pace down the flanks with Redmond, Djenpo and their full backs are quite attacking and I dont rate Kenny that highly tbh certainly not with James providing little defensive cover.

Thought Godfrey held his own well enough today to do a job with Mina/Keane together another week until either Holgate or Coleman return fit.

Crazy how Bernard or even Gordon doesn't play ahead of Iwobi out wide.

Lad offers nothing - even though Bernard is a wee man atleast he will try track back / press Iwobi is a lazy cart horse.
He was a disaster last season but I think he’s done well this season.
live no problem with him coming in ahead of Gordon or Bernard.

....I really think Ings will be relishing this. Keane and Mina are ideal for his clever runs in behind CBs. I’d be much happier if Godfrey was playing central, I think the best we can hope for is Allan cutting out the supply line.

I suspect Ancelotti will set us up make us hard to beat and rely on us nicking a goal with our new threat in the top third. Richarlison will be a big loss, though, and this might well be a result that is as much dependent on Ancelotti as it is the players.

Crazy how Bernard or even Gordon doesn't play ahead of Iwobi out wide.

Lad offers nothing - even though Bernard is a wee man atleast he will try track back / press Iwobi is a lazy cart horse.

Going to be a very tough game, especially without Richarlison.

Iwobi probably comes in because he does a lot more defensively than Bernard.

A fine example of how people can see two very different things or repeat negative/positive opinion and stereotypes as fact rather than base their views on genuine unbiased factual observation. I'm off checking the DCL thread to see who's judgement I trust more.... :D

Not a genuine criticism btw - I'm sure I'm as guilty of it as anyone (Pickford & Davies will come good :hayee:) and pundits do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.