Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricky but winnable. I want to see the same level of effort as against Leeds. I want to see attacking football and evidence of a sound simple effective defence being implemented.

A win would be great. I'd be unhappy at a loss.

1-3 for us if I get to pick.

No excuse for the team not to show exactly the same level of work and desire they put in against Leeds.

A full week of training in the bank, they're received widespread and you could say, over the top, praise for winning a relatively simple home fixture, and they all know they have a great chance of nailing a starting place if they can grab a win here to make it 6 points from 6 after taking 5 from the previous 45 up for grabs.

If we see the likes of Iwobi strolling around the pitch like he did for the first 2 years of his career with us, I hope that spells the end of their career with us.

Like I said, no excuse for anything other than a full-blooded, high-energy performance here.

I would take a point happily. It will be a difficult game. To win, we need luck on our side I think. We have not had much of that. We were knocked by the injuries at Newcastle and could do with the opposition suffering on the day, not that I wish injuries on them.

A penalty, a sending-off, a dodgy var call in our favour, or something like that.

A point will be fine but if we set up with that in mind, we'll lose.

No excuse for the team not to show exactly the same level of work and desire they put in against Leeds.

A full week of training in the bank, they're received widespread and you could say, over the top, praise for winning a relatively simple home fixture, and they all know they have a great chance of nailing a starting place if they can grab a win here to make it 6 points from 6 after taking 5 from the previous 45 up for grabs.

If we see the likes of Iwobi strolling around the pitch like he did for the first 2 years of his career with us, I hope that spells the end of their career with us.

Like I said, no excuse for anything other than a full-blooded, high-energy performance here.

This goes without saying, we need a repeat performance from our Leeds game.

Would absolutely take a point here. These are bang in form, Broja looks very dangerous.

Hoping we see the same style, high press. We need to learn to do it without the Goodison crowd. Ingrain into being the normal way of playing.

IF we do manage to get all 3 points, and thats a huge IF - really does give us some breathing space and not a million miles away from even the top 10! Which i'd be delighted with

Not much of a plan if they've forgotten to do it for 10matches.
It would be interesting to see what the scores were and who they are playing in games at the time of the incident. In the picture it's against City and it's 0-0 on 70 Minutes a bit of an energy Boost and a team talk wouldn't do much harm with 20 minutes to go against City.

Status
Not open for further replies.