Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the players have the confidence of some of the fans we loselol

Hopefully their confidence is way higher. This is a fixture we really should not be fearing, they've played 2 games more and have the same amount of wins this season, a season when we had clueless Benitez at the healm and they had a very good manager.
It'll be a tough game as all prem matches are but to fear Southampton is beyond my way of thinking.

We may indeed lose but if our lads show the same spirit as last week we'll come away with something.
I'm certain we'll be above these in April too for that matter.
COYB.

Come on Everton. We haven't played two good games in a row for a while now. So surprise us all . Win this match. Get some consistency. Give the support some belief that this team has now turned a corner. Let's get to a position that we can all trust this team to do the right thing. Let's just win.
Me , like many other supporters , have lost trust in this team to do the right thing. Far to many one Step forward , two step back moments. Far too many must win matches.......lost. Far too many not turning up moments.
So for once just surprise everyone. Turn up. Win this match.
So for me it's the same starting line up that faced Leeds. DCL to start scoring. DVDB to boss the midfield. Gordon and Richy to run them ragged.
Coleman to roll back the years and drive this team forward. We attack..attack...attack. And our defence to be solid. Another clean sheet would be great. So no nonsense. Let's rock and roll. Win this match.
We have to lose this " can't trust Everton " narrative. Winning today would be a good start. Give the support belief that a corner has been turned. Up The Toffees. Lampards win two in a row Toffees...

Think we’re going to drive to west quay as well actually now.

All trains from London to Southampton are cancelled.
Would have been nice if they made it clear at Waterloo what the situation was. Instead, they just acted like the train was going all the way to Southampton, knowing full well they couldn’t make it past Basingstoke and abandoned everybody there with no possible way to get any farther today. I know it’s been a crazy couple days, but that’s pretty inexcusable to be honest.

Dave Watson scores Everton’s first goal in their 3-4 win against Southampton played on the 16th March 1991 at The Dell, Southampton in front of a 15,410 attendance.

Southampton are on the form of their life, it’s going to be tough, they’re probably the hardest team in the league to play against in form right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.