Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why everyone’s so confident here. Have we won 2 games in a row in the past 5 months? When was our last decent away showing?

Haven’t won away in the league since August and only managed 2 draws after that.

Last edited:
Not sure why everyone’s so confident here. Have we won 2 games in a row in the past 5 months? When was our last decent away showing?

Haven’t won away in the league since August and only managed 2 draws after that.

The Oink Merchant was the manager for much of those five months and Newcastle came very early in Frank's tenure. Even though, I felt we started decently.

Being objective, I believe this will still be a difficult fixture, but I feel that the optimism isn't unjustified. A victory today could give us a nice buffer from the bottom.

This’ll be the closest game under Frank. It’s a shame it hasn’t come a few weeks later, he maybe hasn’t been here long enough to get them drilled to go a to a hard working team and get a win. We all want 3pts but a draw would be a solid result today.

Winning the ball early is key, if we’re on the back foot then we’re prone to giving free kicks away in dangerous areas (Allan or Gomes), Ward-Prowse will probably make us pay. DCL needs to have a strong centre forward game today, his hold up play will be more important than goals, we need to keep the ball in their half as much possible. Other players can step up and score, no one else can hold it up like DCL.

Show the same desire as last week and we’ll have a shot at coming away with something.

UTFT

A point would be decent, but what we really need to see is if Frank can get the weak mentality out of the systems and stop the players folding like a bad Sunday league team when they come under a bit of pressure away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.