Homepage Update: Southampton v Everton - Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only player I could in all honesty vote for was Kenny. It's perhaps easy to pick out DCL for criticism, but he was on a hiding to nothing outnumbered on his own up front. Southampton were seemingly allowed to pass at will with nobody really pressing them.

In a season of lows it's frightening to think that we might not have hit rock bottom.

I have seen worse Everton teams, but not one as spineless.

Nurse! Me pills!

I can't think of any worse Everton teams - none that come close, even. At least under HK3 and Walker we had some players with desire and ability.

As for today's MoM - don't make me laugh.

Pickford man of the match.

The only one who wasn't actively terrible.

Kenny and maybe Gueye are the only ones who actually tried.
It's shameful that a young lad who has only recently came through the ranks is having to gee-up and motivate experienced international players.

There seems so be no drive in the camp to the point where I feel they're simply accepting the situation. Apathy is the most worrying part of it all!

..2 or more conceded in every Unsworth game. The trend looks like continuing against West Ham.

Amazed folk say give him the job until the end of the season, amazed folk think we’ve improved under his tenure.

We've gone from truly crap under Koeman to absolutely diabolical under this fella. I will not pretend I didn't want Koeman sacked, we were going nowhere in a hurry under him, but I was hoping that there be at least a plan from the board for a permanent successor.

Unsworth is a nice guy, a true blue, but we are heading into the championship with him in charge. His refusal to use Sandro or Klassen in the league games as well means he's not to be trusted with any foreign signings in January either. Quite simply he must be replaced by the weekend at the latest.

Can i vote for someone on the bench? The only positive with today is that we are 2 points above relegation.

Out of darkness cometh light.

COYB

..2 or more conceded in every Unsworth game. The trend looks like continuing against West Ham.

Amazed folk say give him the job until the end of the season, amazed folk think we’ve improved under his tenure.
Not to sound obtuse @Eggs and not a personal slant at you, but who is exactly saying that Unsworth is worthy of the job? Even in the short term?

I think pretty much every fan I've spoken to now agrees that Unsworth is unfortunately floundering and is nowhere near the solution to our woes.

People may have sounded his name when he originally took the role, based on being a good-Blue and his cameo against Norwich, but now?

Not to sound obtuse @Eggs and not a personal slant at you, but who is exactly saying that Unsworth is worthy of the job? Even in the short term?

I think pretty much every fan I've spoken to now agrees that Unsworth is unfortunately floundering and is nowhere near the solution to our woes.

People may have sounded his name when he originally took the role, based on being a good-Blue and his cameo against Norwich, but now?

...certainly @davek has been proposing we keep Unsworth in place until the end of the season. He was supported by others in a view that Unsworth will get us into a mid-table place because the attitude has improved.

Well I don't want to be over dramatic when the result is still raw but sensibly I think we need to:
  • Sack the temporary manager
  • Sack the staff
  • Sack the board
  • Sack any player who played today
  • Sack any player who has played this season
  • Buy boss new board, manager, other staff and players
  • Not concede lots of goals every game and win football matches
You forgot the one about dropping an h bomb on Stanley Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.