Something tells me I'm into something good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
klaasen in the moonlight
everybody's feeling bored of this [Poor language removed]
its such a cold and depressing site
everybody, klaasen in the mooooonlight

Football songs are the ultimate in cringe. Most of them follow the same few tunes and the same songs get used for tonnes of players.

BUT THATS ARE SONG WE SANGED IT FIRST !!!

Sad.

Football songs are the ultimate in cringe. Most of them follow the same few tunes and the same songs get used for tonnes of players.

BUT THATS ARE SONG WE SANGED IT FIRST !!!

Sad.
Booo, they've been in existence covering three Centuries, nothing 'cringy' about them whatsoever. A form of folk music done out of love for their club rather than music done to make a name for themselves or for profit.
Also, I have to say, we sang first before Liverpool.

Has to be the greatest song of all time. I've uploaded the karaoke version so everyone has plenty of time to learn the words for Saturday.

All together......

Manu fans sing this Herman's Hermits song all the time recently. Really annoying to listen to it but they seem to like it and it is now recognisable as one of their chants.
Hermans are of course a Manc band so they can be excused singing it.
Why don't we have a song that resonates with our city and also combines our home of football and music. I know we aren't known as crowd that does this kind of forced singalong but think we're missing a big opportunity to help inspire our team.
It's not that difficult to adapt a song from the Mersey bands that we can all sing. I love Z cars of course and Grand old team -but they aren't necessarily instantly recognisable as scouse. What would be an idea for an Everton anthem with a local connection that we'd all get behind? Ferry cross the mersey? All together now? Caravan of Love ? Valerie ? We can surely beat Herman and his hermits.
No, just no, total Kopite behaviour.

Manu fans sing this Herman's Hermits song all the time recently. Really annoying to listen to it but they seem to like it and it is now recognisable as one of their chants.
Why don't we have a song that resonates with our city and also combines our home of football and music. I know we aren't known as crowd that does this kind of forced singalong but think we're missing a big opportunity to help inspire our team.
It's not that difficult to adapt a song from the Mersey bands that we can all sing. I love Z cars of course and Grand old team -but they aren't necessarily instantly recognisable as scouse. What would be an idea for an Everton anthem with a local connection that we'd all get behind? Ferry cross the mersey? All together now? Caravan of Love ? Valerie ? We can surely beat Herman and his hermits.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did used to sing that one. Everton used to sing another Herman and Hermits song, There's a Kind of hush about Bally, and we were the fans who used to adapt the Beatles songs. I really don't see how that's being a 'forced singalong' though??

Woke up this morning felling fine
Everton havent scored a goal in the last 9
Something tells me we are getting relegated

Woke up this morning feeling fine
We haven't scored a goal in nine..
We're going down with the German Clown

(apocryphal, attributed to Liverpool fan)

But I don't agree with the OP. Z Cars tune is instantly recognised as a Liverpool Sea Shanty.. Johnny Todd, he took a notion, for to sail the ocean wide..

Valerie's got real potential, let's trial it to replace the leaden footed Z Cars. It would need the crowd to join in of course, and it has the advantage of ending abruptly which could be timed with the refs opening whistle for the game immediately afterwards 'same boy I used to be!' Then Whisltle)

I nominate Megalomania by Pele :dance:

A good Scouse band and a song which sums up the main men at the club.....Moshiri, Koeman, Walsh and dear old Uncle Billy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.