Something tells me I'm into something good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryefc

Player Valuation: £8m
Manu fans sing this Herman's Hermits song all the time recently. Really annoying to listen to it but they seem to like it and it is now recognisable as one of their chants.
Hermans are of course a Manc band so they can be excused singing it.
Why don't we have a song that resonates with our city and also combines our home of football and music. I know we aren't known as crowd that does this kind of forced singalong but think we're missing a big opportunity to help inspire our team.
It's not that difficult to adapt a song from the Mersey bands that we can all sing. I love Z cars of course and Grand old team -but they aren't necessarily instantly recognisable as scouse. What would be an idea for an Everton anthem with a local connection that we'd all get behind? Ferry cross the mersey? All together now? Caravan of Love ? Valerie ? We can surely beat Herman and his hermits.

Manu fans sing this Herman's Hermits song all the time recently. Really annoying to listen to it but they seem to like it and it is now recognisable as one of their chants.
Why don't we have a song that resonates with our city and also combines our home of football and music. I know we aren't known as crowd that does this kind of forced singalong but think we're missing a big opportunity to help inspire our team.
It's not that difficult to adapt a song from the Mersey bands that we can all sing. I love Z cars of course and Grand old team -but they aren't necessarily instantly recognisable as scouse. What would be an idea for an Everton anthem with a local connection that we'd all get behind? Ferry cross the mersey? All together now? Caravan of Love ? Valerie ? We can surely beat Herman and his hermits.
Bed.

Take the lead on it Terry!

You must have a very low opinion of me if you think I'd be involved in this in any way, shape or form... :(
zJN4e.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.