Some of our fans today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrative was set up before the game; Everton fans bad, physical assaults, board advised not to attend. Then the absolute idiots after the game, proved it all to be true in the mind of the general public. The media battle is lost, the fans are displayed as spoilt thugs and poor Bill and his luvvies are the victims. Congratulations all
This.

But it’s the minority who get the headlines unfortunately, we do deserve relegation, we are a car crash of a club. Would you want to play for a bunch of fans who block your car and intimidate you when you leave the ground.
No.

But the atmosphere INSIDE the ground has been toxic for almost a decade now.

People always used to ponder why lads like Stones and Lukaku didn’t always seem to be giving their all for us…

The narrative was set up before the game; Everton fans bad, physical assaults, board advised not to attend. Then the absolute idiots after the game, proved it all to be true in the mind of the general public. The media battle is lost, the fans are displayed as spoilt thugs and poor Bill and his luvvies are the victims. Congratulations all
Absolutely this

We have some massive bells following us.
Not even convinced they are fans, society unfortunately breeds violent horrible individuals who jump on any opportunity to act out their moronic behaviour. Fan protests are a perfect vehicle for the parasites. They exist throughout the UK and worldwide. This was always going to happen.

But it’s the minority who get the headlines unfortunately, we do deserve relegation, we are a car crash of a club. Would you want to play for a bunch of fans who block your car and intimidate you when you leave the ground.

Same fans who turned up 3 hours before kick off at games last season and turned the streets blue to just try and get players to be up for games? I'll repeat that. To just be up for a game.

Few months later sitting at the bottom of the table because they couldnt turn up once again.

Nope. Still very little sympathy this morning to a few players getting shouted at in cars.

As I said, this would happen at any medium to large sized club staring a relegation in the face for the first time in over 70 years. You can be gaslighted into thinking we deserve it because a small bunch of lads behaved like morons but I'm not going to play that game.

As I said, this would happen at any medium to large sized club staring a relegation in the face for the first time in over 70 years. You can be gaslighted into thinking we deserve it because a small bunch of lads behaved like morons but I'm not going to play that game.
At least we agree on one thing, morons they are.

Same fans who turned up 3 hours before kick off at games last season and turned the streets blue to just try and get players to be up for games? I'll repeat that. To just be up for a game.

Few months later sitting at the bottom of the table because they couldnt turn up once again.

Nope. Still very little sympathy this morning to a few players getting shouted at in cars.
Then I’m sorry mate if you can’t see what is wrong with this then you’re apparently a bit of a Nob

No.

People always used to ponder why lads like Stones and Lukaku didn’t always seem to be giving their all for us…
I agree to an extent, but not entirely: it's not a black and white situation. There's definitely been an issue within the fan base with regard to discontent.

I've never been a boo boy and ultimately each to their own if people want to show discontent, yet personally I think many fans have moved to criticism too early.

There's been times when the atmosphere has been very hostile rather than supportive - grumbles set in far too early. But, ultimately, what has caused that?

On the other hand, you've got to see how the fan base united last year and how it pushed us over the line, so the support and capability is there.

Rightly or wrongly, perhaps the toxicity has been a result of the managed decline over years, combined with other external factors - society etc.

I'm usually a positive person and feel we should get behind the players (reference Foster's comments about Goodison), but right now it's difficult to do so.

What those bellends did to Gordon and Simms is wrong, and I'll never defend them, however in a general sense the negative emotions of the fan base is justified.

The terrible thing is that the genuine discontent and apathy from most is being twisted by the club and press, with the support of a minority, into something else.

This is the worst of the lot. 17 of you utter lunatics liked this post essentially justifying this horrible behaviour to our players.

These players are young millionaires because they have the dedication and talent to be getting paid what they do. The market dictates the wages. Get over it.

Jealousy is such an ugly thing.
It's absolutely tragic that post isn't it. Some of our fans need to get out of their echo chamber apps and log off this forum for a bit so they get a bit of perspective on things. You see the same posters on here posting dehumanising abuse about individual players day in, day out regardless of whether they play or not. And then their little mates come along and like their post and their stance is reaffirmed. I'm not talking about critiquing a players on pitch performance either, I'm talking about creating a false narrative demonising players on a personal level like the post you quoted.

No.

Throwing lukaku in is crazy. He performed at Goodison and got great support. He downed tools at the end because he wanted to leave the club for football reasons and gave half arsed effort in the last few months for that reason.

And thats exactly what the rest of the football world is saying today.

Many many many teams have been through worse than us and never attacked players and directors like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.