Sir David of Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Which friggin youngsters?
2. Carling Cup game on Wednesday.

Agard, Wallace.

Why not bring Yak on today instead of Jo? We were 3-0 up. The game was well won.

All Jo did was...

nope, I have nothing, Jo did nothing today. Not saying he is not good, but he's not exactly ****ting goals in all over the show is he?

osman gets some awful ******* stick on here. ( and every forum ive been on)

believe it or not he has been a huge part of the clubs success since moyes has been here.

osman gets some awful ******* stick on here. ( and every forum ive been on)

believe it or not he has been a huge part of the clubs success since moyes has been here.

Well I would like to think we have some fairly level headed people on here. My take on Osman is that he is a 75% player. He does the hard work and then generally makes an arse of the final ball. That's not really a loose opinion of him that is basically him as a player.

He was in a side that has developed along with the likes of Carsley and Hibbert who are not good enough to take the club further, Faddy also. Championship players at best but have managed to show guile to get themselves where they are.

You don't read about top 4 clubs and the creme de la creme come knocking for Osman or Hibbert. England are not coming knocking, they are simply not good enough for where we want to be.

Good enough so far, but certainly have hit brick walls in terms of pushing themselves further on in their career.

David Moyes is one of the best things to ever to happen certainly in a contempory sense.

My worry though and both our chairman and CEO have acknowledged this is that the club from a financial point view is becoming increaseingly dependent on his success. To much of the clubs success of the feild is linked to the success on the feild and on one man and his performence which is David Moyes. We budget each year for tenth, which for me given our net spend on transfers is quite optimistic - we usually walk that and cream in of anything extra on any success on that be it a higher finish, Uefa, FA Cup etc - yet the defining factor is Moyes and through him the team. The turnover figures for me prove this. Essentially what i think all the progress we have made in recent years, could be torn down if Moyes left his job at Everton. Everton as a buissness could potentially take a massive hit if Moyes wasnt the manager.

Dont get me wrong i love Moyesy but its a dangerous game we play being so dependent on one man as a buissness for me. What i would love is for the club to become more self sustainable and look at less volitile ways of creating revenue then rely soley on the success and skill of one employee, who after all works in a market were there is a high instance of job turnover either by sacking or poaching.

So to summerise Moyes is ace - but he has become more then just a football manager to Everton - hes a cash cow worth possibly 10s of millions on our balance sheet annually.

Last edited:
Well I would like to think we have some fairly level headed people on here. My take on Osman is that he is a 75% player. He does the hard work and then generally makes an arse of the final ball. That's not really a loose opinion of him that is basically him as a player.

He was in a side that has developed along with the likes of Carsley and Hibbert who are not good enough to take the club further, Faddy also. Championship players at best but have managed to show guile to get themselves where they are.

You don't read about top 4 clubs and the creme de la creme come knocking for Osman or Hibbert. England are not coming knocking, they are simply not good enough for where we want to be.

Good enough so far, but certainly have hit brick walls in terms of pushing themselves further on in their career.

osman is a good squad player thats for sure.b)

Moyes is one of the best unproven unbacked managers that has ever walked the planet.

His faults are:-

Too late making changes

and

Too defensive on 1 goal leads.

Outside of that, I think I loves him

Davie will at one stage sooner or later will no longer be manager of the club, when i'm in bed (if the wifes asleep) I may think about who will be next to sit in the Goodison hot-seat.

I' mean he's not going to be our boss forever, and when the time comes I wonder who will take over, I know Royle sort of went pear shaped towards the end but i would like to see him back one last time as manager, I'm in the minority though.

I wonder what Mike Walker is doing these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.