Singing Section info for AEK Athens match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just accept, no one likes you little idea apart from a minority of lads, its a failure, just give up and let lads carry on supporting Everton as normal

On the point about trying to tell people not to sing - absolutely not in my case. I'm just questioning the 'what' not the 'if'.

Plus, if i was married, i'd be a bit dischuffed for the missus to be referred to as a tart. Violence wouldn't be the answer, but I'd make an enormous mental note of who I was associating with, likhhhh.

The songs have been a contentious issue. Some like older ones some hate them. Some hate the new ones. So I can't argue with the disdain for some of those songs. Singing the same few songs can be tedious though and hopefully we can find some more whether old or new that everyone likes.

Just accept, no one likes you little idea apart from a minority of lads, its a failure, just give up and let lads carry on supporting Everton as normal

It is a minority yes,I don't have a problem with being in the minority, but shouldn't fans be able to choose to support the club how they wish?

It is a minority yes,I don't have a problem with being in the minority, but shouldn't fans be able to choose to support the club how they wish?

Yes mate, but if they disagree with it they shouldn't be told they don't care about the club's history. Anyway reading the responses fortunately everyone thinks its gash so its deemed to fail thankfully.

Could we have a uniform Nev so the rest of the fans can distinguish the choir section from the rest

I was thinking of something like this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

some of them songs shouldnt be sung, i personally hate the royal blue mersey song.

well done groucho in this thread, addressed the topic with decent answers instead of trying to set a mousetrap with smart arse answers,

Yes mate, but if they disagree with it they shouldn't be told they don't care about the club's history. Anyway reading the responses fortunately everyone thinks its gash so its deemed to fail thankfully.

It might go on to fail to get established Cena, I know that. We can only get the word out to a very small percentage of Evertonians so we have to rely on fans nearby coming over to us to give us a decent number. Last season we started some games only 9 people but second half got 50 coming over. So every match is potentially the last. Either way, we have proved that it does work, so I'm happy with that.

The comment about you not caring about our history was in reference to calling a singing area lower league. We've had singing areas for years so I did take offence to a percentage of Everton's support historically being called lower league. That is how I read it anyhow. Other comments spring to mind as well Cena, calling fans who have been previously as meffs for example. Come on Cena you can rise above silly name calling.

It might go on to fail to get established Cena, I know that. We can only get the word out to a very small percentage of Evertonians so we have to rely on fans nearby coming over to us to give us a decent number. Last season we started some games only 9 people but second half got 50 coming over. So every match is potentially the last. Either way, we have proved that it does work, so I'm happy with that.

The comment about you not caring about our history was in reference to calling a singing area lower league. We've had singing areas for years so I did take offence to a percentage of Everton's support historically being called lower league. That is how I read it anyhow. Other comments spring to mind as well Cena, calling fans who have been previously as meffs for example. Come on Cena you can rise above silly name calling.

Don't start given it the high and mighty lad, you came on here given it loads about this small-time idea and when I didn't agree the first thing you did was say insinuate that people like me who didn't agree with you, didn't love our club's history and that it meant nothing to us. Until then, I think you'l find I was always sympathetic to your idea even if I didn't agree with it, if you look at my first post in this thread I was gonna sit in the Lower Gwladdy, coz I was willing to give you and your lot the benefit of the doubt and see what it was like.

Since that, you've told me I don't care about Everton's history, you've posted a load of outdated songs with hooligan connotations, and you've had the cheek to tell me to rise above name calling.

As for all this 'we've had singing sections forever' nonsense, when it was terracing you could move to where it was interpreted the atmosphere was, if you wanted to, it wasn't a singing section, organising an area and telling people to sit their and sing songs is beyond small time, and, yes mate, lower league.

Some of those songs you put up reek of League 2, if you wanna sing them fine, just don't start having a go at others who choose not to because they don't wanna be Stoke, Barnsley or Brighton

i wanna know why are we/you singing anti Liverpool songs when we are not playing Liverpool?

Someone just starts off a song, I don't have any control over what people choose to start off, or choose to join in with. It's spontaneous I guess. Someone could turn up and start a rubbish song off, it's their personal taste, I don't want to dictate to people what they can and can't sing.

Someone just starts off a song, I don't have any control over what people choose to start off, or choose to join in with. It's spontaneous I guess. Someone could turn up and start a rubbish song off, it's their personal taste, I don't want to dictate to people what they can and can't sing.

Like groucho said, people take girlfriends and kids, and some of the songs you have listed shouldnt be sung in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.