Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring back the good old fashioned 2 x Full Backs who got a nose bleed if they crossed the half way line, A BIG centre half, Right and left halves, Right and left wingers, right and left insider wingers and a grock to stand on the penalty spot to "put himself about" . That will show them.

E73A17DB-566B-4EB7-BF13-517934634CF8.jpeg

If the other side stays compact we can't score. Everything's up the flanks and nothing through the middle. Crosses come into the box and no one is on the end of them. We do make a few chances but we lack the clinical edge to finish them.

Park the bus against us and we're done.

Get the first goal against us and our heads drop and it gets even worse.

Not complicated, unfortunately.

I'm generally optimistic but you can't polish a turd and a turd is what we have.

It's like the team wants to play 442 with loads of crosses

Everton must act immediately and sack this manager. He is clearly out of his depth. Results : W v Watford, Wv Wolves, D v Palace, L v Bournemouth, L v Aston Villa and possible loss to Sheff Utd sack him now and don't bring Sam Allardyce in he'll be another disaster. Liam

I think it's too early to say. I'd like to see what he can do well with the squad. Say, for instance, he could run off 11 matches unbeaten, grabbing 27 or so points and winning against teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, and United (just for example), then if he could do something like that I think we might be able to judge whether he can make something useful out of the squad. Until that sort of thing happens, it's really too early for me to have any opinion.

He doesn't know how to set a team up that can break down a team that defends .

Playing two defensive midfielders at home to Sheff United/not changing the tactics away from home/refusing to drop Gyfli or ask him to play deeper / setting a team up to pass it around slow motion until they get it to someone wide and then send cross after cross in the box is all naïve.

Some players can't even cross a ball and we don't have strikers prolific in the air to play in such a way.

Teams know exactly how to set up against us now because we are so predictable and our plan B is to just throw the kitchen sink in and hope for something to happen.

The fact that he hasn't realised this after last season and the start of this season proves that he is either very stubborn or doesn't really know how to set his team up or get the best out of his players.

If he doesn't change the tactics/certain players and formation soon then he will be out before the end of October.

Just a quick reminder. It wasn't all glory for Pochettino in his first season at Spurs. It wasn't all glory with Klopp at Liverpool at first, to an extent and same thing can be said about Pellegrini at West Ham. Time is everything.

Just a quick reminder. It wasn't all glory for Pochettino in his first season at Spurs. It wasn't all glory with Klopp at Liverpool at first, to an extent and same thing can be said about Pellegrini at West Ham. Time is everything.
Pochettino got spurs to a cup final and 5th place in his 1st season. Klopp got them to 2 cup finals.

west ham look a much much improved side to the one Pellegrini inherited.. whereas we seem to be going backwards or at least stalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.