Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacking and hiring does not work, at all. Not unless you're Chelsea or Real. If we do sack Silva, who the hell do we appoint? We are gonna go into free-fall. Silva bought a lot of players this summer, so we have to allow these players to adjust to his style of play. I'd have to give the man until at least, around February-March time to properly judge him.
what style of play? We're not even attempting a style of play. A good chunk of this team played under Silva last year and we still look like strangers.

Bring back the good old fashioned 2 x Full Backs who got a nose bleed if they crossed the half way line, A BIG centre half, Right and left halves, Right and left wingers, right and left insider wingers and a grock to stand on the penalty spot to "put himself about" . That will show them.

I just don’t think stubborn managers are the way to go. Add tactically inflexible to that and you have a recipe for disaster.

The problem with Silva is I don’t think he will grow as we had hoped. He does have the right mentality against top teams which i will applaud every day of the week. He is halfway F’n there, but that can be said for our past managers as well. Halfway there is not enough.

Sacking and hiring does not work, at all. Not unless you're Chelsea or Real. If we do sack Silva, who the hell do we appoint? We are gonna go into free-fall. Silva bought a lot of players this summer, so we have to allow these players to adjust to his style of play. I'd have to give the man until at least, around February-March time to properly judge him.
It isn't that simple. Sacking and firing, as you say, is not a good idea but if you keep appointing managers that you can only hope will be good enough then what can you expect.
The appointments of Martinez and Silva in particular were both made after extremely poor seasons before their appointment at Everton.
Koeman at least had a good season at Southampton before he came to Everton.

I don't know if we are seen as a big club anymore, or a club that would be worth managing by successful managers but Wenger and Mourinho are currently out of work and Benitez is stuck in China.

We do have a big fanbase, some good players at the club already and an owner that has shown a willingness to spend money.

We seem to be prepared to spend money to sign players.

Why not try to bring in a manager that has been successful already in the Premiership for a few years to get us established as a top six side.

No more punts on potential.

I’m not advocating sacking him yet, as I’ve posted before that I think he will get until Xmas even if things get worse, but probably not beyond then if they do. However, to those who are saying ‘we can’t keep sacking managers’, ‘it’s a 3-year project’ etc etc.......I’m interested to know whether your opinion would change if, say, we were relegated? Would the fanbase accept him staying on?

I’m not advocating sacking him yet, as I’ve posted before that I think he will get until Xmas even if things get worse, but probably not beyond then if they do. However, to those who are saying ‘we can’t keep sacking managers’, ‘it’s a 3-year project’ etc etc.......I’m interested to know whether your opinion would change if, say, we were relegated? Would the fanbase accept him staying on?

Some of the happy clappers on here wouldn't be bothered if we got relegated though, they'll just accept it

One sign of desperation is the wish to cycle through players who have already failed to grab their chances, ie Tosun and especially Niasse

Still, you have to wonder if Davies has kickedSilva’s dog. We are dying for lack of forward thrust and energy in the middle of the park and even at his worst Davies at least has that. He’s probably desperate to prove himself so he wouldn’t be apathetic.

One sign of desperation is the wish to cycle through players who have already failed to grab their chances, ie Tosun and especially Niasse

Still, you have to wonder if Davies has kickedSilva’s dog. We are dying for lack of forward thrust and energy in the middle of the park and even at his worst Davies at least has that. He’s probably desperate to prove himself so he wouldn’t be apathetic.
Been saying that since the few injuries happened. To be fair, Morgan isn't the worst thing in the world but he just doesn't provide that get up and go forward thinking. When we have Delph and Gomes in the middle, we are a bit mobile. Gbamin is the same playstyle except much better in defense and can run like a gazelle. While Gomes is out on injury, same with Gbamin…. Tommy would get us that mobility we need especially since Silva want to "play from the back" both literally and physically. He deserves that chance again. To touch on Tosun, atleast the lad gives effort out there. He isn't afraid to shoot or get the touch on the ball. Just lacks the go to man trait. Agree with you though

Bring back the good old fashioned 2 x Full Backs who got a nose bleed if they crossed the half way line, A BIG centre half, Right and left halves, Right and left wingers, right and left insider wingers and a grock to stand on the penalty spot to "put himself about" . That will show them.

Of course, bring back The Big Match, Saints and Greavsie, have all the premiership games transmitted in black & white. Who needs progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.