Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who we didn't do too badly against last season.
Thing is i do think he plays better against good sides, its like playing a bad poker player, you never know what they are going to do, but the good sides play proper football, even if it is much harder to over come, least you know what they might do, but crap teams are sometimes unpredictable

Sacking and hiring does not work, at all. Not unless you're Chelsea or Real. If we do sack Silva, who the hell do we appoint? We are gonna go into free-fall. Silva bought a lot of players this summer, so we have to allow these players to adjust to his style of play. I'd have to give the man until at least, around February-March time to properly judge him.

If the other side stays compact we can't score. Everything's up the flanks and nothing through the middle. Crosses come into the box and no one is on the end of them. We do make a few chances but we lack the clinical edge to finish them.

Park the bus against us and we're done.

Get the first goal against us and our heads drop and it gets even worse.

Not complicated, unfortunately.

I'm generally optimistic but you can't polish a turd and a turd is what we have.

Sacking and hiring does not work, at all. Not unless you're Chelsea or Real. If we do sack Silva, who the hell do we appoint? We are gonna go into free-fall. Silva bought a lot of players this summer, so we have to allow these players to adjust to his style of play. I'd have to give the man until at least, around February-March time to properly judge him.

This is where I am. We'd either be taking someone who was not employable at the start of the season, or we'd be fishing in the pond of managers with some success at lower levels who look promising to make the jump. E.g. someone like Marco Silva. And without a guarantee that things would improve - which is not forthcoming, because it cannot be, of course - we're back on the same f'n merry-go-round.

If the other side stays compact we can't score. Everything's up the flanks and nothing through the middle. Crosses come into the box and no one is on the end of them. We do make a few chances but we lack the clinical edge to finish them.

Park the bus against us and we're done.

Get the first goal against us and our heads drop and it gets even worse.

Not complicated, unfortunately.

I'm generally optimistic but you can't polish a turd and a turd is what we have.
Very succinct summary there.
It appeared that the team was under orders to get the ball out wide and cross as early as possible. With only Kean in the middle - who didn't win a header all day - this obviously wasn't working. So Plan B was to bring on two more wingers so that we could get more crosses in.
It's tactics like these that will get Silva sacked.

I think we should draw breath a little and see what the next few weeks bring. I don't think his job is in imminent danger which is fair enough as we cannot allow ourselves to resort to panic. Unfortunately its' not as if we haven't been down this road before.

But I do think ultimately that the seeds have been sown for him to leave either later this season or at the end of the season.

Apart from the disappointing recent performances and results, the failure to address away form and the failure to offer anything to salvage a result when we go behind are damning on him. It more or less means that it is as you were under Silva let alone being offered a genuine improvement.

4 draws and 17 defeats in games we have gone behind in is galling.

Unless he can break us out of the bubble of winning certain games only and in certain circumstances then his time here will end by default soon enough.

We need improvement and progression, even if that is under difficult circumstances and restraints. Not more of the miserable same.

Very succinct summary there.
It appeared that the team was under orders to get the ball out wide and cross as early as possible. With only Kean in the middle - who didn't win a header all day - this obviously wasn't working. So Plan B was to bring on two more wingers so that we could get more crosses in.
It's tactics like these that will get Silva sacked.

Haven't seen much of Kean, of course, but it seems like he wants the ball on the floor - his skill doesn't do much with a ball over his head. While acknowledging that DCL has been poor, maybe playing the two of them together - DCL a good aerial target and physical presence, and Kean playing off him - ???

Who knows. I got nothin'.

Haven't seen much of Kean, of course, but it seems like he wants the ball on the floor - his skill doesn't do much with a ball over his head. While acknowledging that DCL has been poor, maybe playing the two of them together - DCL a good aerial target and physical presence, and Kean playing off him - ???

Who knows. I got nothin'.
DCL and Kean would appear to have complementary skills. I wonder if our astute management team have noticed this and tried it out in training?
My guess is that they haven't tried it because they haven't noticed that it might be a solution.
I have no faith in Silva's ability to turn this around, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong - we shouldn't really be contemplating sacking another manager at this stage.

The problem with saying we cant keep sacking managers is, we didnt have this mentality when Sam was here, or Koeman or even Martinez. Its like saying we must keep Sam as sacking managers wont work, which in this case its looking like it hasnt, but when Sam was here we wanted him gone.
Silva has to go because he is useless, its not sack manager that is the problem, its choosing a crap one as the replacement

Well, you calmed us down a bit....no relegation at least.
Said you’d finish above Wolves - based on the table currently wouldn’t mean you’re safe !!! We’d kill for 3 points at the moment, hope the 95th minute equaliser means we’ve at least got the spirit to fight our way back into form. Still think you’ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.