Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I would say in Silva's defence - and I struggle to find much at the moment - is that everything that could disrupt his style of high pressure, rapid turnover football has happened.

He's lost Gomes, Gueye, Gbamin to various things, and Delph, Schneiderlin and Davies can't do what's required.

It also relies on capitalising on the mistakes that high pressure brings, but Kean is struggling, DCL is one of the worst finishers I've ever seen, and Tosun isn't good enough. Why he doesn't try and fix this with Richarlison up front, Bernard / Iwobi on the right, I dunno.

He also has a CB pairing that have no influence on the game in an attacking, build the play sense ( a total failure by the Club this summer) and a right back who is completely finished. All backed up by an arrogant hit-and-miss goalkeeper.

It's really manky, but he'll have to tough it out.
He's making tactical mistakes and his subs are poor. But we can't ignore, we have our first choice midfield out and lost a lot of pace and intensity in Gana and Zouma. Kean is a kid he needs time. There is no quick fix even if he got fired.

Last edited:
....he appears a ‘polar’ Manager to me, with his teams going on really good runs of results followed by really bad runs of results.
He is a feast or famine manager, whether he will ever get any consistency here or in his career, who knows I know this he needs to make changes starting Tuesday. I think the reaction to this bad start has been made worse because of the expectations people had.

nice one ..

as much as im not an advocate for Silva … I don't want to come across as some regards him.

I want everton to do well and hate seeing us in this predicament

damned if you do and damned if you don't

there are obv good candidates out there but can we trust our owner/s , directors to get the right man in ??? I seriously doubt it.

I can just invisage us going for some no mark and being totally under whelmed and us doing and playing the same old crap.
The board are a complete and utter joke, wish every single one of them would vanish up there own backsides

Honest question do you watch us mate? I havent been to many games this season due to work but if I was going home and away (or just watching us on tv) I couldn't be as happy as some fans seem to be.

Some fans literally would accept this dirge for 5 seasons straight thinking things will suddenly change.

We have been a car crash since Moyes and 2 of those 4 managers I believe you rate - doesn't that tell you that what you consider to be a recipe for success in this league isn't working?

Not having a go btw I just get the impression you think because we have a manager who likes playing attacking (lol) football and are signing 19 year old kids that we will suddenly transform into Barca overnight when all the evidence points towards us stagnating year after year.

Youre talking about accepting a type of football for 5 years? Silva/Brands have been in their jobs for just over a year...wheres the 5 years come from?

Then youre writing the same repackaged posts over and over demanding things NOW and in the same breadth insinuating that people who dont want change expect success from the manager now lol

Dont you realise that post Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth and Allardyce were all fired relatively quickly. They were all the opposite types of managers also. Martinez to Koeman, to Unsworth and then to Allardyce. Every change was totally different.

So theres 5 different managers players in the squad. Do you honestly think theres not a pattern here of short termism?

Youre showing yourself to be a very impatient person when good teams arent built from dross in 12months.

This was always a 3 summer window bare minimum just to move on as many rubbish players as possible and gradually replace them.

Its never going to happen in 12months lol

The only thing I would say in Silva's defence - and I struggle to find much at the moment - is that everything that could disrupt his style of high pressure, rapid turnover football has happened.

He's lost Gomes, Gueye, Gbamin to various things, and Delph, Schneiderlin and Davies can't do what's required.

It also relies on capitalising on the mistakes that high pressure brings, but Kean is struggling, DCL is one of the worst finishers I've ever seen, and Tosun isn't good enough. Why he doesn't try and fix this with Richarlison up front, Bernard / Iwobi on the right, I dunno.

He also has a CB pairing that have no influence on the game in an attacking, build the play sense ( a total failure by the Club this summer) and a right back who is completely finished. All backed up by an arrogant hit-and-miss goalkeeper.

It's really manky, but he'll have to tough it out.

The centre mid is shocking. Were relying on an inconsistent Gomes and a new signing to play every week at a top 6 level to break through.

Wont happen.

Until the centre mid is strengthened theres no chance of top 6.

As for Centre back...we should have got a partner for Mina/ Keane...not left them to play together.

He's making tactical mistakes and his subs are poor. But we can't ignore, we have our first choice midfield out and lost a lot of pace and intensity in Gana and Zouma. Kean is a kid he needs time. There is no quick fix even if he got fired.

Exactly. Lets say we kept Gana and he and Gomes got injured...we would be in the same boat as we are now.

The centre midfield needs major changes...and of course centre back.

Tend to agree with this I think people are frustrated because Silva is so ineflixable and the injuries and the expectations made worse by what the RS are doing. But if we are honest we can't judge until our first team is out there and even then its still a work in progress. The reality is as much as yesterday hurt we are a mid-table side right now.

Youre talking about accepting a type of football for 5 years? Silva/Brands have been in their jobs for just over a year...wheres the 5 years come from?

Then youre writing the same repackaged posts over and over demanding things NOW and in the same breadth insinuating that people who dont want change expect success from the manager now lol

Dont you realise that post Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth and Allardyce were all fired relatively quickly. They were all the opposite types of managers also. Martinez to Koeman, to Unsworth and then to Allardyce. Every change was totally different.

So theres 5 different managers players in the squad. Do you honestly think theres not a pattern here of short termism?

Youre showing yourself to be a very impatient person when good teams arent built from dross in 12months.

This was always a 3 summer window bare minimum just to move on as many rubbish players as possible and gradually replace them.

The centre mid is shocking. Were relying on an inconsistent Gomes and a new signing to play every week at a top 6 level to break through.

Wont happen.

As for Centre back...we should have got a partner for Mina/ Keane...not left them to play together.

Exactly. Lets say we kept Gana and he and Gomes got injured...we would be in the same boat as we are now.

I would bet you £100 that if we keep Silva for another 3 years we wont break the top 6.

You up for it?

Im that confident that things wont improve whereas obviously you see keeping him long term will reap rewards.

Wont happen.

. Would add another cf and winger to that we need a target man who can hold the ball up has experience and gives more of a goal threat than dcl, then an out and out winger to put crosses into the box

I would bet you £100 that if we keep Silva for another 3 years we wont break the top 6.

You up for it?

Im that confident that things wont improve whereas obviously you see keeping him long term will reap rewards.

Only if you promise to limit yourself to one "silva out" post per day...im adding a clause that states you have to pay £100 into a charity voted for on here if you break the clause :)

. Would add another cf and winger to that we need a target man who can hold the ball up has experience and gives more of a goal threat than dcl, then an out and out winger to put crosses into the box

Theres a lot of players needed. However, in the summer it was imperative that we signed two Gbamin types with the other able to play both DM/CM. The midfield needs two physical monsters there.

Also we have to sign another rapid centre back. Id have taken Zouma/Tomori but fgs theres so many across europe...we couldnt even get one :eek:

We can't afford a shocking run every season. He got away with one last year because it was his first year. But if this run continues and there is no improvement by the international break in October, then he simply must be sacked.

We aren't a QPR type club. If people don't live up to the standards we require then they should be replaced by people who can.

We will end up a qpr type club if we keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.