Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will turn this around and should be given the TIME stop being so inpatient success isn’t overnight. If you wanna go down the rd of hiring n firing managers we end up the nxt qpr
He's lost to two of the favourites to go down already this season, with the Champions up next. We'll have probably lost 4/7 games. Nobody is being impatient by wanting him sacked. NOBODY.

Ive had time for reflection

4m a year.

nice one ..

as much as im not an advocate for Silva … I don't want to come across as some regards him.

I want everton to do well and hate seeing us in this predicament

damned if you do and damned if you don't

there are obv good candidates out there but can we trust our owner/s , directors to get the right man in ??? I seriously doubt it.

I can just invisage us going for some no mark and being totally under whelmed and us doing and playing the same old crap.

I'm not a fan of Silva's but don't think we should be sacking him at this time of the season. He just about deserves a bit more time and getting the injured players back Imo. Plus he was let down big time by Brands in the summer transfer window. If we do decide to sack him then we can't have another schizophrenic change in play which is what we would get if we go Mourinho. Let's a least have a consistent footballing philosophy and appoint the best manager who can implement it.

Which has only recently been the case. As well as having recently got 4 teams in both finals of 2 European competitions.

And the point still stands that he took a job where basically he'd win something without much effort.

Youre comparing Silva to Pep then? Surely thats a good thing...

The only thing I would say in Silva's defence - and I struggle to find much at the moment - is that everything that could disrupt his style of high pressure, rapid turnover football has happened.

He's lost Gomes, Gueye, Gbamin to various things, and Delph, Schneiderlin and Davies can't do what's required.

It also relies on capitalising on the mistakes that high pressure brings, but Kean is struggling, DCL is one of the worst finishers I've ever seen, and Tosun isn't good enough. Why he doesn't try and fix this with Richarlison up front, Bernard / Iwobi on the right, I dunno.

He also has a CB pairing that have no influence on the game in an attacking, build the play sense ( a total failure by the Club this summer) and a right back who is completely finished. All backed up by an arrogant hit-and-miss goalkeeper.

It's really manky, but he'll have to tough it out.

He will turn this around and should be given the TIME stop being so inpatient success isn’t overnight. If you wanna go down the rd of hiring n firing managers we end up the nxt qpr

We can't afford a shocking run every season. He got away with one last year because it was his first year. But if this run continues and there is no improvement by the international break in October, then he simply must be sacked.

We aren't a QPR type club. If people don't live up to the standards we require then they should be replaced by people who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.