Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen a top flight manager in the premier League just throw on all his attacking players and hope for the best, its so amateur hour, frankly it's embarrassing to watch.

I can understand it if you were facing relegation with 20 minutes to go but he just gets desperate and loses all shape and cohesion in the hope that numbers will count.

The club should now be looking at, and possibly even sounding out, replacements ahead of the summer.

Ideally, Silva will be able to limp along until the end of the season, but I don't see any point in persisting with him beyond then.

If we do get rid (and I still think it's too early) people like Ferguson also have to go. A complete clean sweep and a new set up brought in.
Totally correct...the PL is a cut throat business and no room for sentiment when it comes to results and how we achieve them.
The question of a replacement needs to be given great consideration.
Theres been a long term issue at EFC..something.in the clubs pysche which needs to be changed ( even Moyes mentioned.similar when he was here).
To do that and form an.identity needs a character with a strong winning mentality ( and be surrounded by coaches and backroom staff with the same attributes...why the likes of Cahill & Peter Reid arent involved in some capacity is a missed trick).
Anyway,it needs a character who in no uncertain terms what it will take to do this..a good communicator who can relay his plans to the fans, someone they can adore and respect as such a task wont always be pretty.
Someone similar to Simeone and what hes done at Athletico ( a feared and respected club both in Europe & la Liga).
Im not suggesting we go for him as he wouldnt touch us with a barge pole but there is someone out there who could do this and I will leave it to.others to suggest who that maybe but its not Eddie Howe and tbh I dont think it is Mourinho either ( a younger hungrier version yes please).

Personally I dont dislike Silva..but he better sort this out quickly or hes in serious trouble. Moshiri has said a number of times what his vision for the club is and he will be reflecting on this and the money spent so far...
But change for changes sake wont work...everything weve seen before will be repeated and well be writing the same old same old for years to come.

Stop being ridiculous. It’s clear the quality of our squad is way, way above the quality in the pitch. That book stops with the manager. Who has Brands bought that you would consider a bad player? Then reference that against Walsh buying up crap like Bolasie, Klaasen, Sandro, Martina, Schneiderlin etc.

Its my opinion that he should be getting more from this group of players, weve got virtually the same as last season yet we have been a car crash this season. That falls entirely on the coaching and management side.

This is the point I made a while ago, a good manager will get the very best out of what he has at his disposal, MS is not one of these.....
That's untrue: Zouma and Gueye baled Everton out all last season and they aren't there now.

People shouting for Mourinho like there's a cat in hells chance of him coming to a mediocre PL club like Everton. He's currently filling his time with punditry work and waiting for the call from the Real Madrid president once Zidane gets the heave-ho.

Which leads me to think people who are scoffing at the idea of that appointment calling it a bad idea are just really trying to influence common thought with propaganda in the hope Mourinho himself will buy into it and take the job to proof everyone wrong. In reality they are doing better work than the people who are begging for him to come.

I agree with your broad principle mate, that we are an attractive draw and that the people doing the recruiting managers are pretty poor at doing so, however I suspect Mourinhowill have his eye on Madrid or PSG.

The reality is though, there are all sorts of European coaches doing fantastic jobs at clubs of a similar level to us, improving teams and getting them competing. Why they don't see to be considered is beyond me. Bordulas at Getafe, Hatter at Frankfurt, Galtier at Lille, Ten Haag at Ajax, Gasperini at Atalanta, Setien at Betis etc. All of these have massively improved clubs in and around our position.

Just on this one in particular, if Evertonians are sick of Martinez + Silva for being tactically inflexible, Goodison would reach absolutely nuclear levels of fume if Setien got the job. His Betis team reminds me massively of what Silva did last season, beat some of the very best teams resoundingly (Barca, Madrid vs our end of season run in) but equally get trounced by some really poor sides in the Spanish league. Don't know enough about the others really, but I've got no idea why Ten Haag would leave Ajax for us as of now.

Setien left Betis at end of last season. Not currently working.

I loved his Las Palmas team and his Betis team but he would probably drive most fans mad. One of the main reasons for leaving was the expectation for him to try win at all costs, whereas he believes in playing a certain way to achieve something long term. We are probably too unstable to bring in this type of coach right now.

He’s the board’s choice. I would wager he probably has an extremely low performance target for this season e.g ‘get European qualification by any means necessary and stay in the league’. Until it’s impossible to achieve this he’ll probably be safe. We also can’t just fire every manager who loses 3 games out of four.

Setien left Betis at end of last season. Not currently working.

I loved his Las Palmas team and his Betis team but he would probably drive most fans mad. One of the main reasons for leaving was the expectation for him to try win at all costs, whereas he believes in playing a certain way to achieve something long term. We are probably too unstable to bring in this type of coach right now.
Good shout..I dont know much about him and will so some research..but that idea of long term plans is something we should be aiming for.
Does he speak English?...I think its important that any Coach worth considering needs to be able to communicate personally with his staff ( whether they be players coaches or backroom staff)

Good shout..I dont know much about him and will so some research..but that idea of long term plans is something we should be aiming for.
Does he speak English?...I think its important that any Coach worth considering needs to be able to communicate personally with his staff ( whether they be players coaches or backroom staff)

The problem with his long term plan is he would like to get a whole squad used to playing very open risky attacking play but no club will tolerate the losses and poor runs that happen whilst doing that along the way. No fans either.

I don’t know if he speaks English but I’d say he will coach outside of Spain next.

Woefully out of his depth.

The most uninspiring manager I think we’ve had in the last 25 years!

He must go now before our season descends in to a total farce.

Moshiri needs to stay away from the decision when the club make the new appointment.

The club should now be looking at, and possibly even sounding out, replacements ahead of the summer.

Ideally, Silva will be able to limp along until the end of the season, but I don't see any point in persisting with him beyond then.
I know fans are saying, here we go sack another manager. And all the costs that comes with that. But maybe the club have learnt there lessons. In terms of contracts. He only has a 3yrd deal on 3mil a year.

And there could be clauses on him not getting us European football. So I wouldn’t imagine it will be a big pay out if he’s sacked next summer. Next week might different though.

Interesting list of names, none of whom I’ve heard of. I’m off to Google.

It sounds incredibly poncy to have this list of names. In truth I've looked at sides who are similar to us in their respective leagues (so anywhere from 4th-10th ish) and seen who has improved teams. There will be people who watch far more football than me who can give more details, but as a starting point it's not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.