Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had the sort of fixtures Koeman had I could agree mate - but he's had some pee easy fixtures and we are regressing - we are going to get turned over by the likes of the top 6 and Leicester, West Ham etc. We are in real trouble imo.

My personal opinion is that if we win Tuesday he might get to the Burnley game - but if we lose tuesday and get battered by city and end up around 16/17th in the table - I dont see how he will survive.

Well if the latter happens then yearh that’s possible

His main problems are the formation and Siggy and both go hand in hand, he can’t play in any other formation and won’t drop him. Needs to change to 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 or if you carry on with 4-2-3-1 drop Siggy and play either Bernard or Iwobi in the 10 Role, much more likely to give Kean an actual chance of scoring

Agree with this.

I read a post on here yesterday taking the emphasis off Silva basically implying he doesn’t have the squad required to allow us to break teams like Sheffield United, who set up as they do and park the bus, down.

Having seen how much of a decent start they have had and seen how they have set up in previous games surely this is something the manager will have known about and at least try to figure out a different approach to break them down? Instead he sent us out there with the same old tried and tested 4-2-3-1 with the ‘pass to the wings keep crossing game plan’ then it took him 50 odd minutes to realise it wasn’t working and made some baffling subs ie. leaving Sigurdson, who was again non existent, on and taking Bernard one of our most lively players on the pitch off.

If people genuinely believe we don’t have the squad required to break defensive teams like Sheffield United down at home then surely the emphasis needs to be put on Silva even more so as he is the one who is building the squad and has already spent shed loads since he has been here.

He is failing and anybody trying to sugar coat it because we had a decent finish last season is deluding themselves if they think he is gonna drag us out of this mess. He doesn’t have a plan B, his plan A just about works.

Agree with this.

I read a post on here yesterday taking the emphasis off Silva basically implying he doesn’t have the squad required to allow us to break teams like Sheffield United, who set up as they do and park the bus, down.

Having seen how much of a decent start they have had and seen how they have set up in previous games surely this is something the manager will have known about and at least try to figure out a different approach to break them down? Instead he sent us out there with the same old tried and tested 4-2-3-1 with the ‘pass to the wings keep crossing game plan’ then it took him 50 odd minutes to realise it wasn’t working and made some baffling subs ie. leaving Sigurdson, who was again non existent, on and taking Bernard one of our most lively players on the pitch off.

If people genuinely believe we don’t have the squad required to break defensive teams like Sheffield United down at home then surely the emphasis needs to be put on Silva even more so as he is the one who is building the squad and has already spent shed loads since he has been here.

He is failing and anybody trying to sugar coat it because we had a decent finish last season is deluding themselves if they think he is gonna drag us out of this mess. He doesn’t have a plan B, his plan A just about works.
We spent the majority of the game crossing to a striker who not great at heading the ball. Made no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.